• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Re: 90x45x45 has arrived!

Hardwear is awesome Stu, I still love my 60cm/tank from Aquariums Ltd. The light setup just sets the whole thing off :thumbup:

can't wait to see this one scaped!

Mark

Cheers mark, congrat on the win :D another £50 toward your new nature setup :thumbup:

Ive been out in the wet today cutting stones with my dad. The main stone on the left was too big for the tank so we took a stiyl saw to it. The middle clump was the bottom of the main stone on the left but it split into three when being cut off. Its put back in place with gaps in so I can grow some stuff out of it :)

heres the work so far. Ive yet to put some graded gravel around the bases so it may change again slightly tonight

4125014057_5799155a4d_o.jpg

Awesome stone stu! i know you'll change it about a bit, so looking forward to the arrangement. this looks slick though.

Where's the stone from, Mate? It's really really good stuff!

saintly said:
Awesome stone stu! i know you'll change it about a bit, so looking forward to the arrangement. this looks slick though.
Cheers mar, I think Ive got a final layout now with a few small additions and ive brought the left stone forward a bit plus added AS powder so its a bit deeper. Im keeping things high though in expectation of 1cm of HC.

myboyshay said:
Cheers Stu! Hardscape looks great, love the main stone :thumbup:
fish.com1 said:
Great stone and tank :)
Thank both :thumbup:

Garuf said:
Where's the stone from, Mate? It's really really good stuff!
Thanks gareth. the stone was from a quarry I passed on the road from Porthmadog. I usually pop into quarries if ive got time when passing on the off chance theyll have some rock suitable for aquariums. I got lucky with this one as it I got about 2 boot loads for £10 :D (the guys on site wouldnt take any more!). Its a mixture of green schist and a black/blue slateish like stone, its also mostly in pinnacle form though so ideal for our needs. It was dug out of the Llŷn Peninsula so Ive decided on this name to reflect this.

Re: 90x45x45 "LlÅ·n Peninsula"

Excellent rock placement Stu :thumbup: , this one's going to be stunning once planted.

Cheers'
James

I look forward to seeing this develop Stu - looking good. Where did you source the wood in the first image?

With a name like the Llyn Peninsula I expected to logon and see a recreation of the Peninsula iteslf! :lol: :lol: (beatuiful place though, especially Porthdinllaen, Llanbedrog & Abersoch)

Tank looks great by the way!

andyh said:
With a name like the Llyn Peninsula I expected to logon and see a recreation of the Peninsula iteslf! :lol: :lol: (beatuiful place though, especially Porthdinllaen, Llanbedrog & Abersoch)

Tank looks great by the way!
Ta andy, Id have loved to do something like that but think youd have to be REALLY luck to get rocks to create the same view. Im quite chuffed with these as they arent quarried rocks, they were removed from the surface near a sewage works that was being expaned. You know the type of rock you walk over on trips up the mountains and think "that would be good in a tank", these are the same thing :)
James Marshall said:
Excellent rock placement Stu :thumbup: , this one's going to be stunning once planted.
Tonser said:
Looking good Stu - those are some fine and well placed rocks :D
Cheers both :thumbup:
Mark Webb said:
I look forward to seeing this develop Stu - looking good. Where did you source the wood in the first image?
Its two batches of the Manzi wood that Tom Barr sent over for ukaps. It will be going in my 60cm soon then probably in the 90cm in the future.
SteveUK said:
I love it Stu! Quality hardscape to go with quality hardware :thumbup:
Cheers steve, im quite enjoying the view at the moment after ive moved the tank as its in a better position now in the lounge. Just have to get some time now to get it planted. Its a practical night at the camera club with 3 models attending so im not missing that one :D

saintly said:
stuworrall said:
3 models attending so im not missing that one :D

yeah, I'm one of them and I'll be donning my red nail varnish :shifty:
get it on! :lol:

That's a great find that Stu! You're lucky! Makes me wish I was a driver, :rolleyes:

stuworrall said:
saintly said:
stuworrall said:
3 models attending so im not missing that one :D

yeah, I'm one of them and I'll be donning my red nail varnish :shifty:
get it on! :lol:

Stu I have been looking into getting into photography, i feel practical night could be the start i need!
Shame i live a 150miles away

Back