• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is possible to connect pressurised CO2 setup to the filter?

jarthel

I've search the net and the forum but came away empty.

jarthel said:
I've search the net and the forum but came away empty.

I have never seen anything like that ie regarding your subject. Guy / girls on here either use diffuser / inline reactor.

Flyfisherman - Spiro diffuser underneath the filter intake water.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/S8-CO2-Diffuser-A ... llon-Tank-

Glassware_W0QQitemZ330368056868QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Fish?hash=item4ceb787e24
DSCN3425.jpg

Tonser - Aqua Medic 1000 reactor

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/External-CO2-Reac ... 27ad104d08

- I would imagine that Tony has it set up like this, I had mine set up like this prior to Tony buying my AM 1000

EheimFilterlayout003.jpg

Themuleous - is using an Boyu inline diffuser

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CO2-Carbon-Dioxid ... 19b8030ac3

Regards
Paul.

what what I understand (and please correct me).

I either need a spiro diffuser OR a reactor?

Which is better? I just searched and it seems reactor is better?

how do I connect a reactor to the filter? I searched the net again but most results isn't very clear on connecting the reactor.

thank you

This type can be fitted in a number of different ways.

Basically think of it as a diffuser which can fitted in line on the return, or intake.

Is that clear, not sure if is?

andyh said:

Basically think of it as a diffuser which can fitted in line on the return, or intake.

please correct me if I'm wrong :)

that last ebay link diffuser has 2 inlet. If using as an "output" diffuser, 1 inlet for the co2 pipe and the other inlet for the canister outlet.

and would work in reverse if connected to the inlet of the canister.

is this correct? Is it better than a reactor?

the ebay diffuser is, whats called, in-line, your water coming out of your filter attatches to it, and then there will be another pipe opposite that connecting, carrying the flow and completing the link to your tank, the other tube that is attatched is the co2 tubing, whats bringing the co2 into the diffuser to be carried away by the current of your filter into the tank.. i have that diffuser, it is very good, plus its cheap!

jarthel said:
andyh said:

please correct me if I'm wrong :)

that last ebay link diffuser has 2 inlet. If using as an "output" diffuser, 1 inlet for the co2 pipe and the other inlet for the canister outlet.

and would work in reverse if connected to the inlet of the canister.

is this correct? Is it better than a reactor?

With the Boyu diffuser it can be fitted on either - but the people on here that are using them have it fitted on the filter return pipe (back to the tank). If you think of it on the incoming filter pipe it would become dirty very quickly as it pulling mucky water than if it was fitted on the filter output pipe.

Regards
paul.

AdAndrews said:
the ebay diffuser is, whats called, in-line, your water coming out of your filter attatches to it, and then there will be another pipe opposite that connecting, carrying the flow and completing the link to your tank, the other tube that is attatched is the co2 tubing, whats bringing the co2 into the diffuser to be carried away by the current of your filter into the tank.. i have that diffuser, it is very good, plus its cheap!

I must be dumb :(

I understand the word in bold. but the one underlined confused me. It seems to me you just repeated what you already said?

AdAndrews said:

A better explanation is - Either side of the diffuser are two tails. The return water pipe from your filter (water going back into the tank) attached to the left hand tail - ok the other tail right hand side attached another piece of pipe and this pipe goes into the tank - ok - now there is another pipe to connect - this is the co2 pipe - thats it all done and dusted

Regards
paul.

that one sure does look better than the boyu one as the boyu one doesnt have the plastic nuts to tighten the grip between co2 tubing and the diffuser or from the filter tubing.

RossMartin said:
I've just brought one of the above to run on my JBL e900. I'll let you know how it goes!

please do... has anyone that has the boyu one gone onto this diffuser? i am considering getting one, although the boyu is good, this seems a much better design, and that means if anything went wrong with this i could have the boyu as backup..
sorry for intruding on your thread btw.

AdAndrews said:
sorry for intruding on your thread btw.

be my guest. I'm curious as well :)

I looked at the ebay auction and I can see there are several sizes. what's 12/16mm? inner/outer diameter of the pipe?

thank you :)

jarthel said:
I looked at the ebay auction and I can see there are several sizes. what's 12/16mm? inner/outer diameter of the pipe?

yea, depending on what filter you have, the size of your pipe will either be 12mm internal, 16mm external, or 16mm internal, and whatever external.

AdAndrews said:
yea, depending on what filter you have, the size of your pipe will either be 12mm internal, 16mm external, or 16mm internal, and whatever external.

That diffuser rocks. On my nano, 45L, I'm now at 30 bpm (1/2 bps), dennerle bubble counter, with a nice mist and a yellow tint in my drop checker. Have to back it down to introduce the first invertebraes. It is so tiny that is greatly replaces a big external reactor, yet providing an additional mist effect

Two Sizes, 12/16mm (int/ext) and 16/22mm (int/ext). Using a thinner wall tube (16/20mm) could compromise the effectiveness of the clamp knobs

Back