• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Re: 90x45x45 "LlÅ·n Peninsula"

SteveUK said:
Late night dedication there Stu! :clap:
6 hours to plant it and took forever to fill as well :arghh:

Some detail

4132564017_0cf8f14c21_o.jpg

Side shot

4132565247_444a0b85dd_o.jpg

Its not plumbed in yet but im doing that tonight after a water change. Theres a couple of faults Ive got to rectify, not enough graded gravel on the right right makes it cut off suddenly into green HC so it just needs a little detail work. Also i dont think I put enough height in the back middle so im going to add a little powder tonight at water change.

Hey stu, looks great effective use of the stones! I can see that soon I am going to try one these style of tanks!
More photos! :clap:

-Rocks have good shape.But the scaping of them is very classic.
-In such tanks where the ratio between rocks and the tank is not big,having a "flat substrate" increases visiual volume.
-If it is wanted I can show it with a drawing,though I don't think such a thing will happen.Because some people in this forum see their works as a piece of art.

Regards

ilaymir

Looking good Stu - the colours in those rocks are really something :D

ilaymir said:
-In such tanks where the ratio between rocks and the tank is not big,having a "flat substrate" increases visiual volume.
-If it is wanted I can show it with a drawing,though I don't think such a thing will happen.Because some people in this forum see their works as a piece of art.

Regards

ilaymir

Hi Ilaymir, I've noticed your 'constructive criticisms' in most of your 15 posts, and wondered when we are going to see some of your tanks. It would be nice to see where all of your 'knowledge' has been formed .

Tony

Hi Tony,

I have answered that to James M. before.

P.s:Those posts deleted by moderators.

Regards

ilaymir

ilaymir said:
Hi Tony,

I have answered that to James M. before.

P.s:Those posts deleted by moderators.

Regards

ilaymir

Hi ilaymir. As someone who has been a moderator on a few forums, I understand why these things happen. Tactless posts cause undue offence and hard feelings. You like to critique; that's fine, and not everything has to be positive. You don't have to change who you are, but you can change what you do. So, here is a friendly critique from me to you. A little tact goes a long way. Noone is stopping you from giving advice, but the way it has been given has been pointed out a few times as being tactless and a little rude. You might consider changing that a little, to avoid reoccuring events you've mentioned :) Some people think their scapes are a work of art, and they are not. Some aquascapes are art, but do not appeal to everyone. I could critique the 'scape which seems to be yours that James has posted above, but it's not the time or the place.

Just keep in mind that almost everything is easier said than done ;).

Stu - Nice find on the rocks! I must be going to the wrong quarries, because the only thing I find are slabs of slate and tombstones :lol: I love the stone placement and your attention to detail.

This tank designed 5 years ago with limited material.It was a perspective try out.In that date what was your level and what could you design? I would like to see if you have a better tank designed 5 years ago.

ilaymir

Please, ilaymir. I don't think anyone was taking a stab at you. I don't think Stu's journal is the place for personal debate either. I would love to see some of your more recent aquascapes, though, and I do mean that. So, if you do start a journal, I'll be watching out for it :)

See what you've started Stu..... haha.

Dude, You should of given me a buzz, I would of been happy to help plant up for you pal, its only fair after the help you gave me. But then again, I did give you a bag full of goodies, so nah, hope ya have massive bags under your eyes and ya little runs away scared, lol. Only kidding.

Looks sweet mate, classic iwagumi.

The only thing I see, ( Ive told him face to face guys ), is the main stone is so big, its quite a jump up from the HC to the stone. I know you know that, but what about adding some well placed hair grass or tennelus to help bridge the gap from the low stones up to the peak? Just a thought. Its what sits right with you thats important.

Nice one Stu.

Guys, keep your arguments to PM's and off other peoples post if its not relevant to the persons journal or post.

Draw a line under it please, its not a fair place to quarrel.

Good job on the planting Stu, that's a really stunning scape :thumbup:
how's your back after 6 hours spent planting?

Cheers,
James

Well, I missed most of this last night as I was changing filters, heaters and co2 to the new tank. Most of it was spent trying to rescue countless red cherries from the mulm in the bottom of the ex1200 :crazy: Its all quite an interesting read though!
ilaymir said:
thanks for that, classic iwagumi was exactly what I was after :D

ilaymir said:
I think we'll leave that one off the list for now thanks

aquaticmaniac said:
Stu - Nice find on the rocks! I must be going to the wrong quarries, because the only thing I find are slabs of slate and tombstones :lol: I love the stone placement and your attention to detail.
Thanks :thumbup: I got really lucky with the quarry. When I asked about some landscaping rocks they directed me to a pile around the back which were basically boulders for sea defences! It was only on the way out that I noticed a big soil/rock mound about the size of a house in the corner. When I asked them about it, it was the dig from a sewage works extension which was all going to be chipped into pebbles. I checked it and found this nice stone and they just said I could take anything I wanted. Most of the other quarries ive been to have been the same as you, slate slabs. :(

Graeme Edwards said:
See what you've started Stu..... haha.

Dude, You should of given me a buzz, I would of been happy to help plant up for you pal, its only fair after the help you gave me. But then again, I did give you a bag full of goodies, so nah, hope ya have massive bags under your eyes and ya little runs away scared, lol. Only kidding.

Looks sweet mate, classic iwagumi.

The only thing I see, ( Ive told him face to face guys ), is the main stone is so big, its quite a jump up from the HC to the stone. I know you know that, but what about adding some well placed hair grass or tennelus to help bridge the gap from the low stones up to the peak? Just a thought. Its what sits right with you thats important.

Nice one Stu.
Cheers mr G :thumbup: I thought your good lady would be bashing my door down if I dragged you out another night in the same week, especially after the coat incident :lol:

Re the big stone I remebered your advice when planting plus id added those extra rocks at the bottom of the main stone to give it a bit more lift. Ive done some gravel and chopped/non chopped hairgrass around the base too as you suggested. This is how its looks now, i may put some more river gravel down there as a lot of it dissapeared during the fill.

From the front left of the rock
img0959j.jpg

Front right
img0965oi.jpg

Ill take some better pics once the water has cleared
George Farmer said:
Stu, 'scape look awesome! :D
Cheers dude :thumbup:

James Marshall said:
Good job on the planting Stu, that's a really stunning scape :thumbup:
how's your back after 6 hours spent planting?
Cheers James, back was fine, my shoulder now resembles quasi modo :lol:

Back