• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AGA 2009 Results are out

a MASSIVE round of applause is in order for George in my opinion.

A very strong biotope category and George had some outstanding results and great feedback from the Judges.

1st, 3rd and Honorable Mention

Nice one Farmer
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

A huge well done to George :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup:
I won't have time to check out the contest website until later, But George, You the man.

Cheers,
James

It is a shame this great competition is always published on a website that is so slow.......

I wil have to wait for a few weeks untill less visitors come to the site to be able to view it all without getting to frustrated.

Awesome scapes - congratulations to everyone who entered! George - you're a legend! Cracking stuff!

Way to wipe out the competition, George :lol: I'm really glad the biotope part of the competition has stepped up.

Those are some gorgeous tanks all around.

Many many congratulations George, a near clean sweep there mate, doesn't get better than that for sure. Your first place biotope is a stunner, so simple yet so natural, very well put together, the wood placement in the tank is excellent IMO. A clear standout winner in the biotope section, well deserved.

Dan Crawford said:
stuworrall said:
i wonder if this quote was meant to be edited before publication
I thought that too!

Has anyone else noticed the increased use of Fissidens?

Has anyone else noticed the increased use of extremely wide angle lenses!

For those saying the site is so slow etc, download the torrent from this page and you can view the tanks at your leisure, you basically download the whole competition, took me about 2 mins to download it, mind you I have a 10mb connection. Total download is 115mb, I used Vuze and it pretty much did everything automatically for me.

Get the torrent here

http://forum.aquatic-gardeners.org/viewtopic.php?t=1220

zig said:
For those saying the site is so slow etc, download the torrent from this page and you can view the tanks at your leisure, you basically download the whole competition, took me about 2 mins to download it, mind you I have a 10mb connection. Total download is 115mb, I used Vuze and it pretty much did everything automatically for me.

Get the torrent here

http://forum.aquatic-gardeners.org/viewtopic.php?t=1220
Thanks mate, much better :D
zig said:
Has anyone else noticed the increased use of extremely wide angle lenses!
Yep, almost seems like standard practice now.

Thanks, all!

I'm thrilled with my results - really thrilled. :D I had an email saying 'congrats' from one of the judges, Jason Baliban first thing this morning. He's also judging the UKAPS Pico Contest. :D

I'm also really happy with the quantity of biotope entries this year - up 500% on last year!

The overall standard has gone up again, IMO. Some beautiful and innovative layouts, as well as some awesome 'classic' Nature Aquarium style aquascapes.

I'll be sinking a few cold ones tonight to celebrate! Sticklebacks rule!!

Cheers! :D

George Farmer said:
Sticklebacks rule!!

Hell yeah! Nice one George for making everyone realise this :thumbup: :clap:

(My first tank, conceived back in the dark ages before the internet existed, was a stickleback biotope, but I hear laughing every time I mention that. I think people think I am joking :twisted: :rolleyes: :lol: )

Just had a proper look through the contest website,
A round of applause goes to the Ukaps particpants :clap: :clap: :clap:
Congrats to:
Stu Worral
Viktor Lantos
Dan Crawford
James Maslin
Peter Kirwan
George Farmer
Apologies if i've missed anyone.
Fantastic job George, not only did a Brit win the biotope category, but with a British Biotope as well :thumbup:, next time we meet can i have your autograph :oops: :lol:

Cheers,
James

Back