• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is it healthy to have tanks in your bedroom?

AdAndrews

I have 2 tanks in my bedroom, a 35litre high tech planted and a 125litre thats currently cycling, i also have the equipment/chemicals and other fishy things in my room, cabinets or wardrobe, is this healthy? i have got glandular fever and have been ill for a good month now, which is about the same length of time since i had the 125litre, do you think there is a posibility of anything making me ill from the tanks? do they draw serious levels of oxygen out of the room, or any things like that?

thanks for your help.
Adam

I doubt it, i mean some people have them in living rooms which arent always big.
And the levels of O2 wont vary that much (I doubt) because unless you room is airtight there will always be O2 passing through.
As far as chemicals go some are nasty and should be avoided and kept in ventilated areas, such as formaldehyde (found in whitespot medicine) or glutaraldehyde. If you have ammonia in there it can irritate your mouth/ throat.
But i think the levels will be low enough to avoid such problems.

AdAndrews said:
aaronnorth said:
:lol:
i lost loads of weight! :D

i'm skinny already, i will look like a anorexic person when i'm done :sick: any tips on things that made you better aaron?

antibiotics from doctor lol.
I was forever drinking, which was said to be a good thing as you get dehydrated easily. And lots of rest as usual.

And dont start back to work until you are 100%, i went into school after just a bit of a cough left and i worked myself too hard for just that day and i was back in bed for another week. :thumbdown:

aaronnorth said:
AdAndrews said:
aaronnorth said:
:lol:
i lost loads of weight! :D

i'm skinny already, i will look like a anorexic person when i'm done :sick: any tips on things that made you better aaron?

antibiotics from doctor lol.
I was forever drinking, which was said to be a good thing as you get dehydrated easily. And lots of rest as usual.

And dont start back to work until you are 100%, i went into school after just a bit of a cough left and i worked myself too hard for just that day and i was back in bed for another week. :thumbdown:

i started having it just over a month ago, the day before half term, i was inbed all over half term and then went back(stupidly) on the monday, so i have done 1.5 weeks since then feeling bad, felt slightly better the start of this week, and then on thursday it hit me again, i have been given penicillin incase its bacterial, but the nurse said its glandular fever and they have taken a blood sample which i will have the results of tommorrow :( its soo hard though coz ive got sixth form now, the work is solid as well as loads of it to be done,
thanks for your help

Adam

I dont think its anything to do with the tanks....
We have a little 0ver 800 litres of water in out living room and the doors are always closed.
WE also have a full range of medications and a bottle o amonia and we are all fine :D

If anything, I think the humidity might help a little. I used to have 100g of water in my bedroom, and had no problems...

I think :crazy:

Back