• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A different Iwagumi - now with video

Re: A different Iwagumi!

Oh Oh Oh I know I know pick me! it's from Bude side of operations! I went to Ghost hill and the rocks are identical.

Cornwall isn't just slate though Aarron, it has shale, lime, tin deposits and coal too. Specific locations are always helpful.

Looks amazing, George. Have to say my favorite has to be the shell-dweller biotope, i have just added some spikey moss to mine, made it look 10x better :D
Carry on the amazing and beautiful work

Adam

AdAndrews said:
Looks amazing, George. Have to say my favorite has to be the shell-dweller biotope, i have just added some spikey moss to mine, made it look 10x better :D
Carry on the amazing and beautiful work

Adam
Thanks, Adam!

I gave a 90 minute presentation to a local fishkeeping club yesterday evening and their favourite was the shell-dweller biotope too. Great little fish with such big characters!

What I am really enjoying with these biotopes is that I'm still aquascaping with the Nature Aquarium concept, but not relying on plants.

It's good practice for future hardscape ideas when I get around to setting up my next big planted tank too!

What you going to do with these rocks once you tear it down? Thinking about it, it would be an ideal setup for a bunch of Sulawesi Cardinals, if you want to get rid of the rocks let me know ;) I have been dying to get an excuse to setup another 60cm tank to try Sulawesi Cardinals once again!

LondonDragon said:
What you going to do with these rocks once you tear it down? Thinking about it, it would be an ideal setup for a bunch of Sulawesi Cardinals, if you want to get rid of the rocks let me know ;) I have been dying to get an excuse to setup another 60cm tank to try Sulawesi Cardinals once again!
Hi Paulo

I have stripped this down already have recently set up a Rio Negro basin blackwater biotope. However, my next biotope after that will likely be a planted semi-emersed Myanmar stream that will use some of the rocks. I will have some spare though, but not sure if they'll be enough for you. I'll let you know mate. ;)

stuworrall said:
nice one george, very high quality vid there mate. What did you use to take it?
Thank mate. :D

I used my budget compact - Panasonic Lumix 8MP that cost 85GBP, and a tripod.

I've video'd all my recent 'scapes from my 120cm crypt tank onwards so will eventually get around to uploading them all.

viktorlantos said:
lovely video George. The tank is super clean. And these stones are amazing.
loved this on the PFK cover too. :D
Thanks, Viktor! :D

Saw this in PFK before here and I was amazed. Kinda my type of tank i.e. hillstream, lots of rock, little or no plants. equally as beautiful as any of your planted tanks. Could do with some Rhinogobius though.

Back