• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

would you connect inline diffuser/reactor to a...

jarthel

higher or lower flow canister? I have 2 filters here (1200 LPH and 2000 LPH).

Where is the best canister to use?

Thank you

the canister with the faster flow could distribute the bubbles more evenly, but on a second thought, it may be better with the lower canister so that the co2 has a chance to mix with the water a little more. Im not sure, i'd probably go with the faster canister though.

Re: would you connect diffuser/reactor to a...

I would agree with the above on the thinking that if using a reactor once the co2 is dissolved the higher flow will distribute it around the tank better with the correct flow pattern.

To be honest, I'd say both have more than adequate flow. Its worth asking whick make of inline diffusor you have? If its the Boyu model, its got quite a narrow bore, and would probably cause a relatively greater reduction in flow on the 2000l/hr filter for little benefit.

I have the boyu running on a 960l/hr filter and its doing fine.

Dave

Personel view - use the bigger flow rated filter - theorically you should obtained a better mix of Co2 in the returning water and the higher flow should be better for distrubution of the co2 around the tank.

Regards
paul.

Back