• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Adam's 40cm Nano

lol

AdAndrews said:
ANOTHER :( atleast i know what it is though, they are getting sucked into the filter inlet. no point in doing anything now is there.

you got any pics before they are all gone, they must be really small to be getting sucked into your filter

AdAndrews said:
it will be impossible to pic them mate, they move so fast.. they are 0.8cm or 8mm, not including tail.

that is small, are they still babies or is that there adult size

wouldnt have thought they are babies, just young fish, they are actually really nice, however, they dont shoal, they just huddle together, or one whirls round the tank.. lesson well learnt really.

AdAndrews said:
wouldnt have thought they are babies, just young fish, they are actually really nice, however, they dont shoal, they just huddle together, or one whirls round the tank.. lesson well learnt really.

do you think i should invest in something to cover my cal aqua nano inlet before i get mine or will the intake be small enough ?

Hi Ad.

your inlet isn't the only reason, playing with the Co2 and your way of water changing is also not something I would advice to people. try to avoid big differences between tank water temperature and tap water temperature, 5 -10 degrees is fine, if it's more than this can be the start of problems

Honest I have these rasboras as well and you it's quit hard to kill them, I only loose them when they jump out.

get a piece of filter sponge and cut a hole in the middle and shove it over your pipe. or get an old pair of tights and attach it over until you find something more suitable.

jonesy said:
AdAndrews said:

do you think i should invest in something to cover my cal aqua nano inlet before i get mine or will the intake be small enough ?

On thing to be aware of with glassware is that the number and size of holes dicatates the power of the suction, i got a cheap ebay glass intake and it only had 5 v small slits. Once i connected this to my 750lph filter it had more sucking power than my dyson (other hoovers are available o_O ).

When choosing glassware try to get one with slightly more or larger holes or it will literally suck up your fishes and that aint a nice way to go!! :(

andyh said:
jonesy said:
AdAndrews said:

On thing to be aware of with glassware is that the number and size of holes dicatates the power of the suction, i got a cheap ebay glass intake and it only had 5 v small slits. Once i connected this to my 750lph filter it had more sucking power than my dyson (other hoovers are available o_O ).

When choosing glassware try to get one with slightly more or larger holes or it will literally suck up your fishes and that aint a nice way to go!! :(

mines got 10 slots, ill just keep an eye on the fish for the first few hours when i put them in.

thanks guys, ive put some floss over it now and tied it.. its not glassware, its my makeshift inlet, ive got some glass pipes ordered though.
thanks

ive got a little hair algae, after messing around with the co2 the other day, i have put the co2 to come on 3 hours before lights now, and have increased my flow.. the drop checker is lime green :)

plus, ive ordered 20x MTS for the sand at the front, to give it a good turnin'

Bad news for you.. yet again.. My solenoid valve broke and kept the co2 running all night long, as expected the smaller fish, boraras didnt make it, i only have 1 left now, i did have surface adgitation, and my drop checker is showing a lime green/borderline yellow.. what shall i do?

AdAndrews said:
Bad news for you.. yet again.. My solenoid valve broke and kept the co2 running all night long, as expected the smaller fish, boraras didnt make it, i only have 1 left now, i did have surface adgitation, and my drop checker is showing a lime green/borderline yellow.. what shall i do?

when that happen to me i removed the fish into a bucket of water and done a large water change on the tank to remove some of the co2 and put more oxygen back into the water then put the fish back in and left the co2 of until it had dropped back down again. Thats what worked for me. good luck

Back