• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Serenity Peak" Mark's 60cm Iwagumi

Looking good, Mark!

still can't get a nice clean photo, frustrating

I think you're limited by your camera. Shooting at ISO 400 gives the noise we see - compact cameras generally don't do high ISO well due to their tiny sensor crammed with so many pixels.

Can you manually adjust the ISO to 100? This will give you a slower shutter speed, so the fish may blur, but the image will be cleaner.

Have you asked Father Christmas for a DLSR this year?! :lol:

ashpitt said:
Never...
Im sure everybody love it

Appreciate that....thanks!

George Farmer said:
Looking good, Mark!

still can't get a nice clean photo, frustrating

I think you're limited by your camera. Shooting at ISO 400 gives the noise we see - compact cameras generally don't do high ISO well due to their tiny sensor crammed with so many pixels.

Can you manually adjust the ISO to 100? This will give you a slower shutter speed, so the fish may blur, but the image will be cleaner.

Have you asked Father Christmas for a DLSR this year?! :lol:

Thanks george!

Just checked my camera and I can take the ISO down to 80 so I'll try it at 80/100 see what they come out like.

I'll ask santa but he usually brings me the usual, Calvin Klein's and socks :lol:

Cheers

Mark!

Well just a did big maintenance session, cleaned the filter etc and couldn't believe what i did. I managed to smash my inlet £65 (lucky I had a cheaper replacement) and ADA thermometer £18, what a total nugget :(

Mark

myboyshay said:
Well just a did big maintenance session, cleaned the filter etc and couldn't believe what i did. I managed to smash my inlet £65 (lucky I had a cheaper replacement) and ADA thermometer £18, what a total nugget :(

Mark
We've all done it mate (well, I have - numerous times!) Inlets, outlets, diffusers, bubble counters! You name it, I've smashed it!

Finally a pic I'm happy with :D I love the white background (clean and fresh looking).

Thanks for the tips on ISO George :thumbup:

Thanks for looking

Mark

serenitypeakwhite.jpg

Mark,

what a lovely looking tank,

My first thought was maybe a little bit boring and i was thinking it should need one more variety of plant, but looking twice it's that peace full that you must leave it this way

Br Maurits

That looks great Mark, the parvula gets better and better. The stones look nice now they've gone slightly green. Are you itching after the next scape yet? That's seems to be my problem, always wanting to change it up. Congrats on winning that comp BTW - Tom

Maurits said:
Mark,

what a lovely looking tank,

My first thought was maybe a little bit boring and i was thinking it should need one more variety of plant, but looking twice it's that peace full that you must leave it this way

Br Maurits
Thanks Maurits....I nearly went for another variety but the first Iwagumi tank I seen was one of Amano's which was a "plain" of one species and I loved it. Next scape is going to be wood with 5 or 6 species.

George Farmer said:
Now that's what I'm talking about!!

You wouldn't know that was taken with a compact.

Well done, Mark! Beautiful.

Cheers George, I can't believe how much I've learned since joining UKAPS photography and scape wise...Thanks all :thumbup:

TBRO said:
That looks great Mark, the parvula gets better and better. The stones look nice now they've gone slightly green. Are you itching after the next scape yet? That's seems to be my problem, always wanting to change it up. Congrats on winning that comp BTW - Tom

Thanks Tom,
I'm planning my next scape at the minute (i like to take my time and do my research). I'll rescape around February/March time with wood this time...can't wait wohoo!

JamesM said:
Well done mate, you've done a great job with this considering its only liquid co2 :clap:

Take the korolia out and resnap it, its a great pic :thumbup:

Thanks James, next time all of the equipment will come out and I'll take some more pics.

It's nice to get positive feedback on the photography because there's some top notch tank shots on here!

viktorlantos said:
amazing capture. congrat to the scape this is beautiful. :thumbup:

Cheers Viktor really appreciate that :thumbup:

Seen your scape in last months PFK mag, very nice, very ADA. I'm going to try something similar for my next scape.

Regards

Mark

That's a great pic considering its a "point and shoot"!

Saying that though, I don't have a SLR either! :shh:

Had some great advice off George which helped me get the right photos.

The best advice i can give is take lots of pics and play with all the settings and you will get some even better pics! It really helped me. Although I haven't mastered George and Saintly's skill of getting the fish to pose yet! :lol: :lol: o_O

Looks wicked Mark.

A lot of people would find it hard growing plants, let a lone an Iwagumi, and one with out Co2.

Looks great. Whip the pump and glass wear out and you have a final tank shot there mate!

Back