• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

do I need to put zeolite into filter bags?

jarthel

Some zeolite are sold without bags (e.g. Fluval 2.6Kg zeolite sold in a plastic bottle).

Is it okay to put the zeolite directly into the basket?

also how big (approximate diameter) zeolite that are sold by Fluval, Aqua One and etc. The local shop was selling them (n bulk and he seems to be getting them from a big bag) but they seem very small. They seems to be resembling very very course sand.

thank you for the help :)

you can do as you wish,but putting it bags makes life easier when you rinse it,
regards john.

john starkey said:
you can do as you wish,but putting it bags makes life easier when you rinse it,
regards john.

not trying to rude as I've never rinsed used media before so I got a dumb question :)

how difficult can it be if I'm rinsing the media which are in the basket without a filter bag?

thanks again

edit: most basket have a cylinder in somewhere for the water from the intake to pass through. with a bag, there would be gaps in the basket. is this okay?

I believe most basket looks like this:
p10904391024x768.jpg

Hi Paul. I showed the photo as a sample of a basket. The media that is in there is coincidence. As I was saying, if I use a filter bag, the area around the cylinder would not be covered by the zeolite.

isn't it possible to rinse the zeolite (without using a bag) by submerging the basket in a pail?

thanks again

Hi Jarthel,
as i said its really down to you,as you say you can rinse it in a bucket,or put into a filter bag which i find easier to use,

as i said its your call,regards john.

Back