• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Adam's 40cm Nano

ok.. any cheap one? is there any that are recommended?, what can i do in the meantime? increase surface agitation, or decrease co2 slightly(which i dont really want to do..

Just found this old picture out of a previous tank..
IMGP1081.jpg

i think this is going to be my new fish choice, they colour up nicely in tropical temperatures, and are hardy as hell :D

i love them, people always shun away from them as they are simple boring fish, but i prefer them to things like neons.
plus you can save some leaccy on the heating as well and keep them at about 22 degrees, rather than the usual 24-26 for most fish. lovely that!.

Nick16 said:
i love them, people always shun away from them as they are simple boring fish, but i prefer them to things like neons.
plus you can save some leaccy on the heating as well and keep them at about 22 degrees, rather than the usual 24-26 for most fish. lovely that!.

I have 10 of these beautiful babies in my office tank, almost 3-4 cm now and you re right the fun you can get from them. ( I keep them at aprox 20 degrees.)

awesome, how well are they shoaling in a smaller tank??
nick, cant save on leccy right now :( got a pair of sparkling gouramis in the tank

Yes. Ive made my decision and im gonna go with these, slowly build up the numbers, after the filter has settled after next wednesday when i have 20 new cherries coming!

Also, i was thinking about adding some crypt wendtii green, what do you guys think?

Adam.

Maurits said:
Nick16 said:

I have 10 of these beautiful babies in my office tank, almost 3-4 cm now and you re right the fun you can get from them. ( I keep them at aprox 20 degrees.)
what size is your tank?

i always wanted to get some WCMM babies from someone to watch them grow. or try to breed them myself, it isnt hard, i just need a breeding tank as they normally eat the eggs.

Nick16 said:
i always wanted to get some WCMM babies from someone to watch them grow. or try to breed them myself, it isnt hard, i just need a breeding tank as they normally eat the eggs.

when i had them previously i had some babies :D however this was only becuase, like you say, they eat them, and i had moved them into a different tank, so they must have been breeding pretty often and just been eating the eggs.

i always used to have preggers ones. :lol:
the lfs tank has about 30-40 in and loads of them are preggs.

i might have a go at doing that, but how do you tell males - females? is it colouration?

Nick16 said:
i always used to have preggers ones. :lol:
the lfs tank has about 30-40 in and loads of them are preggs.

i might have a go at doing that, but how do you tell males - females? is it colouration?

males are slim, females are fat, also, ive found in the past that the males are more colourful.

Im still fighting a loosing war with the BBA :(

If its due to unstable co2, then shall i switch to liquid carbon and knock the whole pressurized thing on the head? My lights 3x8w are not particularly Overkill, so i think it would suit the switch, or will this just make it worse. :thumbdown:

AdAndrews said:
Im still fighting a loosing war with the BBA :(

If its due to unstable co2, then shall i switch to liquid carbon and knock the whole pressurized thing on the head? My lights 3x8w are not particularly Overkill, so i think it would suit the switch, or will this just make it worse. :thumbdown:

what plant is it growing on the most, i had one plant in my downstairs tank that was full of bba which seemed to be giving it to every other plant in the tank, from what i remember it was Alternanthera reineckii might be wrong but anyways removed that plant and and the other affected leaves from other near by plants then the bba stopped so im assuming that plant was adding to my problems as i couldnt meet its demands. The only things i can think off for bba have been covered like good flow, lime green co2 and good surfuce movement, other than that it im stumped.

did you get your wcmm in the end and how did they get on with your shrimp as i have just ordered 10 cherry shrimp and 13 bee shrimp from aqua essentials dont want them ending up as food for my wcmm as they arnt cheap lol

Cheers dude, what i have is a little hair algae, and a little bba on the moss(only plant with it on) and then the rest on the hardscape...

I have recently brought the wcmm's, i have 4 atm, and i also brought 5 bee shrimp- similar to you :thumbup:

the wcmm are not intrested in the shrimp, unlike my sparkiling gouami's, which are lapping up the young uns'

Adam.

AdAndrews said:
Cheers dude, what i have is a little hair algae, and a little bba on the moss(only plant with it on) and then the rest on the hardscape...

I have recently brought the wcmm's, i have 4 atm, and i also brought 5 bee shrimp- similar to you :thumbup:

the wcmm are not intrested in the shrimp, unlike my sparkiling gouami's, which are lapping up the young uns'

Adam.

thats good on the wcmm front, they are lovely fish got 12 in my nano upstairs you have seen and they love it swimming inbetween the rocks and flairing the fins at each other its good to watch :thumbup:

in my nano upstairs which as you no hasnt been setup long all the plants are doing good apart from the xmas moss i bought from ebay which has hair algae on it but that came with the hair algae free of charge and also 2 snails i found the next day, but like you maybe its just a bad bunch of moss you have causeing all the problems could be worth looking at.

yes and no :crazy:

I'll get a few pics for you guys, im keeping the algae definately in check, incredibly minimal ammounts can be seen, although, it is not iradicated..

give me a few mins. :thumbup:

Here yee go:

IMGP1746.jpg

IMGP1737.jpg

as always im unimpressed with my camera, but as yet, i havnt got enough cash to buy a better one, all my money is going on a pufferfish tank :shifty:

comments and crittique welcome as always

Adam :wave:

Back