• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

cryptocoryne wendtii

Trollboy

Seedling
Mine get plenty of light, CO2 and ferts but the leaves are growing in a brownish colour. I thought it was a lack of phos but my (crappy) tests suggest I've got 4ppm.TBH they look pretty cool but I know something is wrong. Any ideas?

i thought itwas normal for brown colours in some crypts, i would relax unless the plant looks unhealthy in leaf structure other than colour

andrew

TBH it looks great! But the new growth is different to the original plants which made me think something was deficient. Someone (chrisi) has suggested it may be emersed vs immersed growth. No worries, will just see how it goes.

Do you know what type of wendtii it is? what 'chrisi' said is likely to be correct i have a large amount of wendtiis 'tropica' and 'brown' these were both supplied from tropica with flat green emersed leaves these eventually melted away and the new brown submersed leaves are now present on both types.

I have some wendtii, started off green, but then lots of differently coloured leaves started to grow... Most of the growth is now brown...

My Crypt Wendtii also started off with green leaves, I think the greener leaves are new growth, as the leaves mature they seem to turn different shades of brown.

This is normal with lots of crypts under different lighting conditions they can go different colours.

Back