• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval 305

tko187

Is this filter sufficient enough for a 180 litre?? Or do i need to upgrade, just worried it would be overkill if i bought an fx5 or something, please recommend, Thanks.

I run one on my 160l with glassware so the flow was restricted a little but even so, it wasn't enough. I added a similar filter and that was perfect. I have a spare FX5 and i feel it may be a bit much given the single outlet, thus loosing the ability to fine tune distribution.

Thanks Dan, so do you think i should stick my internal juwel filter back in?? How do we sort out the flow problems if you think the fx5 still wont sort it out due to it only having one outlet?

Also if i wanted to add another filter say another 305 would that mean 2 outlets and 2 inlets in my tank or is there a way to incorporate the tubing all into the same inlet/outlet??

Its just i notice a few dead spots in the tank, my outlet fires out the flow from right back corner to the other side front left where my hydor koralia sends back around the other way round the back of the tank back to the outlet, i have two hydors in there, would these not work better if i had them stacked at the same end???

Thanks.

I just tried something and it worked, all i did was remove the grill sort thingy fom the hydors and flow is much better and more wider area, this has made me a happy chappy :p

tko187 said:
I just tried something and it worked, all i did was remove the grill sort thingy fom the hydors and flow is much better and more wider area, this has made me a happy chappy :p

Hi,

That 'grill thingy' is called a fish guard by hydor. Now running a koralia with or without it may or may not cause a safety issue to your fish depending what you have in the tank and wether the Koralia is on 24/7 or not.

Personally I use 2 koralia's which are both controlled by a timer, couple this with some ottos and some very inquisitive Botia Striata's and I have no choice but to keep the grill thingy on.

Food for thought.

Regards Chris.

Back