• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

have i killed my moss? lol

AdAndrews

late last week i took some of my moss out of my tank and put about 3 mls liquid carbon directly on it, to try and get rid of some hair algae, however, its all yellow, looks dry looking. I didnt think it was possible to kill moss :lol:

thanks

Not killed but damaged, prune out the bits that look dead and give it a couple of weeks to recover

Its should be ok, moss is fairly tough

yup carbon is not the best for this purpose. i also heard that using easy carbo with brush on wood caused overdosage and also plants damaged fish died. these stuff are really heavy and real poison for your plants and fish or shrimps.

i made a test and used ADA Phyton Git on my last few algae attack. this is not as dangerous as these carbon products. using with brush on wood will not harm any plants, injecting to the soil will kill only the algae adding to the water column will help you to keep algae at the bay. if you overdose this product by 50% or a little more will not harm any of your plants fish or inverts.

so where i have shrimps i never use carbo anymore. just my 2 cents on this. ;)

cheers, i used to dose 0.7ml as per instructions becuase of my cherries but have moved it up from that to 1ml then 1.5ml and now 2ml as i find at these levels, its not affecting them

thanks for your help guys, let it grow let it grow let it grow. :D

It works on beared algae on HC, the algae turns red then dies (most satisfying) but I've also "burned" moss by injecting it directly onto moss.

I can now see the moss recovering, very slowly, but recovering. The inner bit of the leaf is green and i have faith that will grow out.

I thought i'd let you guys know how this moss turned out some time down the line, maybe my impatience, but i ended up removing it, only certain bits were coming back to life, and as i had some excess from cuttings it seemed the best thing to do was to replace it. I do not advise pouring liquid carbon over your mosses :lol: but i spose, glad ive made the mistake, at least i didnt do it to all of them.

Adam

Back