• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano Lily Pipe

NeilW

I was going to buy an Eheim 2232 which has tubing with an internal diameter of 12mm. I already have an ADA inflow for it but I'm still after an outflow. It confusing me as to why most lily pipe 'sets' have a smaller size for the outflow. :? Also ADA seem to use sizes different from every other manufacturer; is this so they are compatible with their own brand filters (although you can't seem to get hold of them here) and therefore its designed so you get ADA pipes for your ADA filter, or do we use the imperial system for tube sizes?

I saw this rather tasty Do!Aqua outlet;
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2100
but it says its for 10mm tubing. However AE sell this reducer;
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1891
which is 12mm down to 9mm. Would this be suitable despite the 1mm difference?

They also do there own brand, still nice but a bit cheaper;
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1822
its a straight outflow for the water through so I wouldn't get the 'vortex' effect, would this be an issue in a nano?

Any other suggestions guys?

Thanks for the help as normal!
Neil

You always get some confusion when it comes to hoses and ID and OD.

ADA call it 13mm, which in my mind is them rounding it up i.e (12.7mm = 1/2inch)

Eheim call it 12mm doh! o_O

for this filter you need to go after the 13mm glass items.
i have 2 of this filter at home.

usually glasses are 10-13-17-20
only the older classic ones uses the 10. newer small filters need 13 larger ones like 2075 need 17 and i guess eheim is not using the 20 one just ADA on their filters.

so go for 13mm just like i did on my nano ;)

andyh said:

ADA call it 13mm, which in my mind is them rounding it up i.e (12.7mm = 1/2inch)

so I can use the 12-9mm eheim reducer for the ADA '10mm' pipe? This sounds promising!

viktorlantos said:
for this filter you need to go after the 13mm glass items.
i have 2 of this filter at home.

usually glasses are 10-13-17-20
only the older classic ones uses the 10. newer small filters need 13 larger ones like 2075 need 17 and i guess eheim is not using the 20 one just ADA on their filters.

so go for 13mm just like i did on my nano ;)

I've used an ADA 13mm for the inflow like you say :thumbup: but Aqua Essentials have got a 10mm ADA outflow for half price so if I can make that fit it would be ideal.

NeilW said:
andyh said:

so I can use the 12-9mm eheim reducer for the ADA '10mm' pipe? This sounds promising!

Check first! Its the old metric/imperial conversion problem!

Back