• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Comp_Nov09: VW Decay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

Well, I'm back. And what a lot I have to catch up on - I'm sure I won't be bored! :D. Thanks ever so much for everyones well wishes, and for the comments left - I'm really chuffed!

I'm glad to report that no harm has come to the tank whilst I've been away - it was set up Thursday and nothing has been done with it yet, I'll probably be able to start dosing tomorrow. The only light has been natural sunlight, and since it's situated in an alcove, it hasn't received much light, which is what I'd attribute the lack of algae to. In fact, it looks much the same as when I left it, so I'm really glad!

Since I've been home, I've dissected two of my dads' submersible submarines and taken two of the propellers to introduce a bit of flow. I wonder how long it'll take him to notice :lol:! Unfortunately, the one I've taken for this tank is way too powerful, and has whipped things up a little bit - uprooting a little of the cuba. I'll have to replant that tomorrow, and put in a variable resister. I'm just hoping I can get the plants to grow to get that wild look.

Thanks again

Glad to hear you and the scape are doing well :) I can't wait to see it grown in.

Edit: the subs sound crazy! Was there a real sub where you found the VW :lol:

Ok guys, here are the final photo's. As you can see, the Rotala has grown very well and kept a nice pinky colour aswell, although that hasn't really shown in the photo's. The HC has grown extremely well and really bushed out, and whilst the original clump of Parvula I added hasn't really lost any of the algae it had in the tank it originated from, it's put out new shoots which you can hopefully see behind the HC. I didn't originally use any source of lighting apart from what was coming in the window, and I found growth to be extremely slow. In the last two weeks I nicked one of my sisters lamps and growth increased considerably, so I'm now kicking myself for not getting it earlier. I kept the model van in one of my mums glasses on the windowsill and put some TPN+ in it - AGLAE FESTIVAL! My mom was annoyed, but the van developed some great looking rust and mould spots! Also, the LED headlights - I just couldn't resist! :lol:

IMG_5665.jpg

IMG_5679.jpg

Coming right at ya!

IMG_5736.jpg

Just wanted to post this as a final shot of the two tanks, which I've enjoyed hugely over the last few weeks (please excuse my manky dressing table :D)

IMG_5713.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back