• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'fire the fe": what does it mean? and other questions :)

jarthel

I have been reading the tutorial on using fire extinguishers and I got lost when reading the section on "firing the fe". How do I do this step? searching the forums/net was fruitless.

I am assuming that "firing the fe" could be as simple as pressing/squeezing the levers. but since the term "fire the fe" was used, I'm not so sure if my understanding is right.

off-topic questions :)

1. How do I checked for leaks if the solenoid is built into the regulator?
2. The tank that I got has lots of teflon tape to seal the nozzle. Do you think I need teflon tape as well? I know that in the FE tutorial, several people has mentioned not to use teflon tape as it prevent the O-ring from doing its job.

Thank you very much

you are correct, "fire the fe" means fire the fire extinguisher, when you squeeze the handle :)

i have loads of teflon tape on my nozzle too, but i didnt use any when i screwed on the regulator.

Hi jarthel
jarthel said:
1. How do I checked for leaks if the solenoid is built into the regulator?
Grab some soapy water and apply it to all the joints using a paintbrush or something similar. If you see new bubbles forming, you have a leak :( . Just steer clear of the electric solenoid housing :D .
jarthel said:
2. The tank that I got has lots of teflon tape to seal the nozzle. Do you think I need teflon tape as well? I know that in the FE tutorial, several people has mentioned not to use teflon tape as it prevent the O-ring from doing its job.
You shouldn't need any additional Teflon tape for your installation :D .

Chris

chrisr01 said:
You shouldn't need any additional Teflon tape for your installation :D .

Chris

do you mean I can reuse whatever teflon that is already there? or completely remove the tape and screw regulator with teflon tape?

thanks again

wearsbunnyslippers said:
you are correct, "fire the fe" means fire the fire extinguisher, when you squeeze the handle :)

i have loads of teflon tape on my nozzle too, but i didnt use any when i screwed on the regulator.

thanks for clarification :)

I guess I could try without teflon tape and see if there leaks.

thank you

CeeJay said:
Hi jarthel

If you are talking about connecting the regulator to the CO2 cylinder, then as long as there is an 'O' ring, you will not need any additional Teflon tape :D .

Chris

thanks everyone :)

------------

fyi: I had to use a nipple fitting (http://www.philmac.com.au/Product/Produ ... aspx?c=325) so I can connect the regulator to the FE. I had to use teflon tape on the fitting (fe-side) to seal it. No tape was required on the regulator-side. :)

Back