• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Removing rio 125 background

jonesy

Got one of these back ground on my rio 125 and want to remove it so i can spray paint the glass black, what are the chances of removing all the background and silicon etc so the glass looks spotless for painting, dont want to remove it then be left with a scabby looking piece of glass, any tips or advice welcome. cheers steve

http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/ ... 8676d78994

stuworrall said:
they are usually attachec with silicon so it just needs a little patience and a stanley blade.

if the glass is scratched would the black spray hide the scatches ?

jonesy said:
stuworrall said:
they are usually attachec with silicon so it just needs a little patience and a stanley blade.

if the glass is scratched would the black spray hide the scatches ?
not really sure as ive never painted my backgrounds. Mine didnt scratch when I removed my background though.

Hi,

I removed one of these from a tank that was still full of water a while back. They come out easy enogh and the silicon isn't too bad with a clean sharp flat stanely blade. Just takes a while to do thats all. I did mine whilst it was still full of water makes a bit of a mess.

Regards, Chris.

thanks for the replys, will have a go when the rest of my new parts turn up

Back