• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bubbles per second!

dkm said:
At the rate I have it running (cant count that fast) I am very surprised at how well my reactor is coping with it. No bubbles escaping into the tank at all.

Dave

I can well believe it mate I've got the same reactor myself (AM1000). Others have slagged this reactor off though, go figure.

dkm said:
PS: got a good deal on all that tropica. Still expensive though.

Dave

If its not to impertinant a question and only to satisfy my curiosity, how much exactly have you spent on plants?

From your posts Dave I take it that your not a guy that does things by half and respect to you for that, its a nice position to be in to be able to afford to do it that way, fair play to you.

Regards, Chris.

Yeah Chris I am lucky to not worry about cost within reason. You never know when this would change though! Had a good amount from selling off my marine equipment so that helped.

The AM1000 reactor is perfect. Does what it says on the tin. Cant fault it. Have not had to bleed any waste gas off up to press.

The tropica plants cost £300 for 75 plants in total. It was from a local place who dont normally deal with tropica but sorted it for me as a one off.

Right Im off to look at that new Fluval G6 external. Looks great! I am such a sucker for the nice new equipment that is always coming out! I can hear my bank manager moaning from here!

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave,

I saw one yesterday mate at the MA store near St Albans on a display stand. I don't think i'll be replacing my TT's with it though. I personaly don't like the 'look' of it, call me old fashioned but piano black filters, come on, whatever next. To be honest I didn't get as far as seeing if it was any good or not just loathed it at first sight. But if you want to collect fish :shh: in style thats the filter to do it with thats for sure. :crazy:

I did leave there with two beautifull golden rams though which set me back £30 for the pair. They are now settling in nicely to one of my tanks, so the trip wasn't a complete waste of time.

Regards, Chris.

To be honest I was only joking. Only just got my eheim 2076. Which is excellent. They are very nice looking though.

Glad your trip was worth it. Do like golden rams.

Dave

Hi,

To be honest I've never kept golden rams before but they caught my eye in a big way when I saw them.

My wife rolls her eyes now whenever I say I'm going to MA for a look see as despite promising faithfully that I won't get anymore fish I always seem to come back with somthing that I can't possibly live without, last time it was 15 polkadot loaches... ;) :D

Regards, Chris.

Never kept them myself either. But they are a beautiful fish.

I know that wife rolling eyes thing. I get it often when I visit my LFS. I also get the glazed wife's eyes too when I go on too much about my aquarium!

Common problem I have been told. None fishy partners! They just dont understand our obsession, sorry I mean hobby.

Dave

Back