• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

nighttime dosing?

jarthel

Just to circumstances beyond my control (it's summer here and it gets really hot some days), I have scheduled lights on at 5am and finishes at around 2pm.

I have been reading (particularly theplantedtank.co.uk) and it seems it's advisable to dose just before lights on. But since I will not wake up before 5am, is it okay to dose at night?

thank you :)

You can dose macros anytime, but I've heard it's better to dose iron containing trace mix while lights are on.

Jeremy

What are you dosing? If its ferts, then the night before should be fine, are you EI dosing or off the shelf? Macros and Micros EI style will be fine. I must admit, I've little experience with off the shelf ferts (TPN, TPN+, etc...)

If you mean liquid carbon then this is good for 24 hours and after 12 hours it has about half the strength and therefore half the effectiveness, depending on your set-up.

There are too many parameters to diagnose the answer to your problem without more information.

No offence intended :crazy: but a bit more info would help.

Simon D said:
What are you dosing? If its ferts, then the night before should be fine, are you EI dosing or off the shelf? Macros and Micros EI style will be fine. I must admit, I've little experience with off the shelf ferts (TPN, TPN+, etc...)

snip...

I am thinking of dosing fertilizer (macro and micro) dry salts at night.

Hi jarthel
I dose my tank (EI) at 6am and my lights don't come on till 5pm.
Sounds about the same time span as yours.
Been doing this for 9 months now and no problems to report :D

Flyfisherman said:
Jarthel

I took a leaf out of John Starkies tutorial and dose when the lights are on.

Regards
Paul.
can you please provide a link? thank you :)

Back