Comments on Profile Post by Glenda Steel

1. darren636
    darren636
    What is your pH and water hardness ?
    Also temperature .
    The only issue I have had with erythromicron is from immune issues in soft water. Any hardness level below 180ppm and I have deaths- with much fewer babies
    8 Oct 2014
  2. Glenda Steel
    Glenda Steel
    Our water is very hard - 317ppm and the ph of 8 so they should be ok - temperature is 23.5 to 24
    8 Oct 2014
  3. darren636
    darren636
    Hardness and pH is perfect.
    Could be parasitic?
    Where they quarantined?
    8 Oct 2014
  4. Glenda Steel
    Glenda Steel
    They're not quarantined unfortunately any poorly fish haven't lasted long once we've spotted them (difficult as you know!) they disappear in the plants closely followed by the Amano shrimp! The remaining 6 Danio in the tank are now looking very healthy and settled so have been loathed to change anything for them. I have added Beta G to build up their immune system and have been feeding them defrosted Daphnia
    8 Oct 2014
  5. Glenda Steel
    Glenda Steel
    I just thought I would check to see if we had done anything wrong, but perhaps the best course of action is to try and keep watch on the remaining fish?
    8 Oct 2014
  6. Glenda Steel
    Glenda Steel
    Sorry I forgot to say that the Danio erythromicron are the only fish we have, kept along with Red Cherry shrimp (4 of them) and Amano Shrimp (6 of them).
    8 Oct 2014
  7. darren636
    darren636
    Sounds internal to me and not due to your environment.
    I lost 20 boraras in quarantine due to some kind of parasite/ illness. Incredibly frustrating.
    8 Oct 2014
  8. Glenda Steel
    Glenda Steel
    How awful for you, it's so frustrating not being able to help. We've found it a very steep learning curve and are so grateful for all the help from people on the forum. Thanks Darren, I'm off to defrost some more Daphnia! Warmest wishes - Glenda
    8 Oct 2014
  9. darren636
    darren636
    All the best with it.
    I found 3 tiny babies last night. Going have to take some to the shop!
    8 Oct 2014
  10. Glenda Steel
    Glenda Steel
    Thank you so much Darren! How brilliant, I wish you continued happy fish health!
    8 Oct 2014
Facebook Page
Twitter Page
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice