• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

£2500 fish

Sacha

Stopped by Aquatic Design Centre today. They had some amazing livestock in. Here is a Gem Tang. Price tag: £2500. Yes, two thousand five hundred pounds.

8ana9eta.jpg

y4a7a2un.jpg

They also sold an Angel last week for £7000!

I urge anyone in London to stop in and check out the amazing creatures on display here.

Going to pop in next week to pick a few bits up. Looks a really nice shop from their website.

I would never buy one (I don't like it, I can't afford it and I would suffer a heart attack if one morning I find it on the floor, like happens to me sometimes with my cheap fish :( ) but it isn't so surprising to me. People pay this and much more for some 'special' dogs, cats, pigeons, snakes, parrots, etc. IMO there is always a luxury market for luxury customers, and the limit of what can be considered luxury is very different depending on each one. I have 2 small tanks, most of the equipment is second hand, DIY and no expensive brands... But when I look at them and calculate how much money I have spent on them, it looks to me that someone can easily consider a luxury to waste, let's say 800 euros in glass cubes, equipment and aquatic plants.
Even if you can afford it, the point is to feel good with what you do and have.... So, again IMO the question is: will you feel better with this fish at home? Not me, I can imagine a thousand of pretty cheap things that would make me much much happier right now. :)

Jordi

Gem tangs are lovely but not worth the price tag I think. The scale of running a marine tank compared to a planted tank, is probably in the order of 10x easily, so spending more on fish is just a part of this. If money was no object then I might indulge myself with a pair of Conspicillatus Angels at a mere £10k. But would bawk at paying £20,000 for a single Peppermint Angel

Lovely but I'm afraid at that price it would have to stay in the shop!.:eek:

Well you could certainly put together a very nice set up for that kind of money and buy some pretty nice fish to boot!

Back