• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

£100 - £120 camera

the Guru!

Could you reccomend a decent didital camera for the above price?

I know nothing about cameras apart from more mega pixels the better?
Thanks -

the Guru! said:
more mega pixels the better?
Not necessarily, the lens in the camera is more important than the mega pixels! Above 6 MP is more if you want to make large prints otherwise is pretty much useless.

Not necessarily, the lens in the camera is more important than the mega pixels! Above 6 MP is more if you want to make large prints otherwise is pretty much useless.[/quote]

Too right - and how many people actually make large prints? Not many, I bet. But I guess it looks impressive when you're waving a 12Mp camera around :D

Looking at the Jessops catalogue, it seems that 7Mp is entry level now for compacts, with 8 or 10, being the norm.

The S5700 gets good reviews - a few niggles about purple fringing from the lens.

James, have you used yours for sports photography at all? Just wondering if there were any focussing or shutter lag issues with moving objects. My old 2Mp Pentax is a bit weak in this department.

Well, im gonna go for the Fuji S5700, now ive just gotta figure out how to use it properly :lol:

Back