• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

‘Lazarus’...80x40x40, back on track!

CooKieS

Hi guys,

Finally, going to sale my beloved Ada 60p for something bigger; an optiwhite 80x40x40.

Plans? Making it in the top 50 at Iaplc 2021. :)lol:)

Received the black cabinet today, now I’m starting to look for new filtration, what would you guys recommend (it’s 128liters tank)? Looking for oase, jbl or aquael ultramax for now.

‘to be continued ;)

200701022128391013.jpg

Last edited:
I would go for the quael ultramax 2000. I have them running on a 70× 60 x 45 tank and a70x 70x 45 tank and they are superb. Silent with great flow and the price is reasonable. I would, however, suggest not buying one from outside the UK ( as I did for my first one).

Thanks @Onoma1 for your feedback, won’t the 1500 be more than enough for my tank? :)

Back in black; vivid 2 aka ‘the beast’ is on place;

200701122238187804.jpg

Thr tank looks amazing. You can reduce the flow on the pump (although I haven't tried this) so for the price difference I would go for the 2000. At full bore with a lilly pipe it a bit much but its fine with the aquael return or the spray bar.

I have been involved in planted tanks for just under two years. There are others on the forjm with far more knowledge!

The 80x40 footprint is perfect for that single light unit. Find that 90 is awkward to accommodate as edges just don’t get enough light.
Can't you just lift it up slightly? it has 135watts which is a lot of light for even a 90cm!

Can't you just lift it up slightly? it has 135watts which is a lot of light for even a 90cm!

Yes, you could. However, light spill may become an issue depending on the height you’re viewing from.

Looking forward to this mate and would the oase 600t do the job ? George has only one on his aquascaper 1200. And i have no doubt you could do it if wanted

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

oh la la, c'est magnifique :)👌

Haha merci! ;)
Awesome, go for it ;)

No don't do that, you may regret it :eek:
I bet there'll be a time when you'll want to scape something that size again

Will try my best :p, thanks Tim. Nah, unfortunately that 60p definitively lacks depth...but I still got some cool nanos to come. :cool:

The 80x40 footprint is perfect for that single light unit. Find that 90 is awkward to accommodate as edges just don’t get enough light.

@CooKieS for the win in the IAPLC 2021!! 🥳

Agreed Geoffrey. :happy: Haha thanks for your support, I'll be happy to be in the top 200 honestly but it's good to have goals.:hilarious:

Looking forward to this mate and would the oase 600t do the job ? George has only one on his aquascaper 1200. And i have no doubt you could do it if wanted

Are the Oase filters silent? I Don't need the heater but the 600 would be a nice option for sure. :cigar: Bit pricey in comparaison to the Aquael...we'll see, still looking for the best bang for the bucks option.

Good points :) :thumbup:

Still have the wrgb 2 90cm option too...actually the vivid 2 would be enough for an 90cm tank but it's all about the kind of scape as Geoffrey said.

Got the shades on it but still would't put this tank near my sofa o_O

Cheers guys

Haha merci! ;)

Will try my best :p, thanks Tim. Nah, unfortunately that 60p definitively lacks depth...but I still got some cool nanos to come. :cool:

Agreed Geoffrey. :happy: Haha thanks for your support, I'll be happy to be in the top 200 honestly but it's good to have goals.:hilarious:

Are the Oase filters silent? I Don't need the heater but the 600 would be a nice option for sure. :cigar: Bit pricey in comparaison to the Aquael...we'll see, still looking for the best bang for the bucks option.

Still have the wrgb 2 90cm option too...actually the vivid 2 would be enough for an 90cm tank but it's all about the kind of scape as Geoffrey said.

Got the shades on it but still would't put this tank near my sofa o_O

Cheers guys
Yeah my 250 silent and the oase filters have great reviews its the prefilter what do it for most people as so handy and means only have to access main filter ince in a blue moon if clean prefilter sponges on maintenance day or keep some spares and just swap them out takes seconds so easy and convenient. I will be sticking with oase, george farmer said he had never cleaned main compartment yet .

I think geordie scaper did a full review on 600 and shouwed you noise it makes etc said was very silent. I have one waiting for my 900.

Dean

@CooKieS - subbed! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with - I'm a big fan of your scapes. It would be interesting if you journalled your creative and design process on the path to coming up with the final design, if you are willing and able.

Yeah my 250 silent and the oase filters have great reviews its the prefilter what do it for most people as so handy and means only have to access main filter ince in a blue moon if clean prefilter sponges on maintenance day or keep some spares and just swap them out takes seconds so easy and convenient. I will be sticking with oase, george farmer said he had never cleaned main compartment yet .

I think geordie scaper did a full review on 600 and shouwed you noise it makes etc said was very silent. I have one waiting for my 900.

Dean

Thanks for your feedback!

actually thinking of getting the aquael ultramax instead of the oase 600; more silent, same prefilter system (the aquael won’t even need to be turned off for cleaning :)), and bigger flow (1500l/h) for only 160€ here in France.

@CooKieS ,
What are you going to do with te background of the tank?
I’ve put one Ada foggy foil on the Back ;)

@CooKieS - subbed! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with - I'm a big fan of your scapes. It would be interesting if you journalled your creative and design process on the path to coming up with the final design, if you are willing and able.

Thanks for the kind words, I’ll try to do my best, this time I’m getting inspired by iaplc top works, I’m actually an huge fan of Steven Chong works. ;)

I am also considering the Aquael, only problem is where I am I can't source it now and when I will, the sellers here will add an overhead profit which will make it as expensive as the Oase.

Have fun with it and the new Vivid II. Also got one 2 weeks ago. I have yet to put it into operation. Was waiting for the shades.

And here is a comparison of the Ultramax with other brands/models I found on one of Aquael's distributor's Facebook page. I did some research and figured the brand/models being compared:

1000 Series, compared with:
  • Fluval 206 (Brand A)
  • Oase BioMaster 250 (Brand B)
  • Eheim Professional 4+ 250 (Brand C)

1500 Series, compared with:
  • Fluval 306 (Brand A)
  • Oase BioMaster 350 (Brand B)
  • Eheim Professionel 4+ 350 (Brand C)

2000 Series, compared with:
  • Fluval 406 (Brand A)
  • Oase BioMaster 600 (Brand B)
  • Eheim Professionel 4+ 600 (Brand C)

96366433_3102681133087534_6512224023458349056_o.png

In any case, I think the Oase Biomaster just got beat up by Aquael Ultramax from all directions.

@CooKieS Currious, what is the size of the box? I am trying to find someone from France to bring it to me to Thailand but I need the box dimensions first.

I’ll take the measurements tonight. :) It’s quite an beast as you can imagine.

Back