• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

Tony Swinney said:
Haha, sounds like a great night in !

If it was easy we'd all be doing it

True mate. If it went smoothly, I'd would wonder what was going wrong. Something always happens.

With the above calamities in mind, here's a pic after filling.

The grass at the front, will be, in time, a lot lower. It's parvula so will grow short.

And of course, everything else needs to take shape and grow in. There's so many 'layers' and hopefully, it should turn out OK. Once the foreground has settled and had a trim, the 'lines' of the stones should reappear.

Tomorrow, i'll add all of my algae crew. About 25 shrimp, and 10 ottos.

day1.jpg

That is it. I am sold for UWA lens. Just need to sell all my spare equipment now :)
Looks so stunning and. I can see the final pic already, that vivipara miles away. :clap:

Many thanks guys. :angelic:

As I've mentioned, I still need to add more moss stones. There's also a few stones holding the wood down, which need to be removed at a later date.

All in all, I'm happy. There's still a tricky time ahead....hc makes me nervous at the best of times. o_O but all should be good.

Ed, the plant at the back is Valois nana, but yes mate, similar to vivipara, and the UWA gives the illusion of depth. :)

I forgot to mention, the moss is Christmas, not weeping. :thumbup:

that Vivipara will just add soooo much to this when its gown in. What can i say mate...looks fab!

looking good :thumbup:
I think it will turn out nicely, as always :lol:

Very nice mate. The wood and rock combo works great and the plant choice is excellent - lots of fine texture to further enhance the sense of scale. I can imagine a huge shoal of something small in there already.

With regard the plant layout - have you considered adding some hairgrass to mix with the HC - or will you let them mix on their own accord?

My minor concern is that with the two groups of hairgrass etc, symmetrically at each end, with the relatively flat texture of the HC results in drawing the eye back and forth across the 'scape too quickly. This may get more exaggerated as the hairgrass tries to grow right up against the glass. This can be controlled, but it's a brute, as you know.

All this said, you probably have an end vision in mind and I'm way off the "Mark"!!

Anyways, another super journal to look I forward to seeing progress. Thank you.

Thanks chaps.

I've added Purigen. The first time I've used it, so looking forward to the results. active carbon has also gone into the filter....this is standard practise for me.

George! Good advise. Parvula is rampant, so I'll let it creep to the hc by itself. I remember your iwagumi with this mixture...nice.

I've also added 20 ghost shrimp, as an early measure @£7 for 20, you can't go wrong. The other 10 amano, 10 cherry, and 10 ottos will go in in a few days

Looks very, very nice, Mark! The depth is great already, it's gonna be even better when the eleocharis and echinodorus grows in. This is one of your best scapes, IMO.

JEK said:
Looks very, very nice, Mark! The depth is great already, it's gonna be even better when the eleocharis and echinodorus grows in. This is one of your best scapes, IMO.

Thanks Jek :)

There's many angles and undulations in the tank. I've been looking around with different lenses, and it should produce some good images in time.

Even though this is looking straight on, it does look like it could of been taken from the side. I've tried to create 'tiers'

side-4.jpg

nice pic...i see a ghost shrimp in the bottom right corner. As above, this is gonna be a prize winner.

PS, i was on about the Vivipara in the other pic, not the Vallis. The Vivipara looks ace.

Looks really nice already mate. What is the plan for ferts? EI, ADA, mix ?

Gill said:
stunning mark, the tiering looks really good.

cheers mate.

schraptor said:
What is the plan for ferts? EI, ADA, mix ?

Elos currently. :thumbup:

viktorlantos said:
Just like always very tasty

As is yours ;)

I've added another 50 shrimp. and the ottos. It's awesome to watch them swarm over the tank. Slowly, they're finding the fungus on the wood quite tasty. :D

Back