• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

back to the water change schedule...oh, how I've missed it! :angelic:

waterchange-1.jpg

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

The Vesuvius will look amazing so close up. :)

Am I confusing ghost shrimp with river shrimp? My local shop sells some clear shrimp at 10p each, surely they cannot be the same. :)

Great hardscape, the plants will surely try to take over, so will be a challenge to keep the hardscape visible.

How is Vesuvius trimmed?

Your right Luis. Keeping everything tidy is going to be extremely challenging.

The shrimp are ghost or glass shrimp. On checking, they're not the greatest algae eaters, but great at eating scrap food detritus etc. they are going over the hc though. I've 50 of them and for under 20 quid I'm not fussed if they're good or not. :D

The ottos have dived on the wood. And the cherries and amanos go all over the tank.

Regards to vesuvius, I really don't know how to care for it. Trial and error learning I'm afraid.

Whats wrong with the lightning? or is it just lifted on one side for the WC?

Vesuvius is like any other Echinodorus species, leafs have to be removed completely, trimming will lead to black/yellow cutting edges so it is better to remove them from the bottom.

viktorlantos said:
Mark, you're full with all the super technic and equipment, what most of the aquascapers dream about. How the hell you can fix the WC pipe this way? :) Just kidding mate :)

I thought the same thing :lol:
I have bought today clamps after seeing your journal Victor. FInally managed to figure out what I need to put into search on ebay :crazy:

The genius just do not care about such details ..

viktorlantos said:
Mark, you're full with all the super technic and equipment, what most of the aquascapers dream about. How the hell you can fix the WC pipe this way? :) Just kidding mate :)

I think he's done it before :lol:

Don't worry guys, I've mastered the art of 'book balancing' :geek:

As long as know one stands within 3 feet of the hose, were fine.

the wife dont like it because i use her 'next directory'...oh well, ruining that thing ain't such a bad thing.

top-2.jpg

dya know reading through these comments, i was thinking 'Next Directory' and right at the end you gave it away!

looks great, nice to see it clearing.

ianho said:
nice to see it clearing.

slowly but surely :thumbup:

The HC is on a mission now, spreading out horizontally. I'll make sure i trim it much more frequently than before.

I've just added a second bag of Purigen, 12 amano shrimp and 6 cherry shrimp.

Fish wise, I'll be looking for a large shoal of platinum tetras. 8)

LondonDragon said:
Another cracking scape Mark, just keep getting better and better, this one won't be ready for Olympia though :p You should have waited!

You never know, I don't think Mark has brought the twin halides into play yet. If anyone could do the impossible with plant growth, I think Mark's the man! :lol:

There's no way on this earth i'll move this. After the nightmare I've had with the wood, i'm scared to go near it at the minute.

It's all secure now, but blimey, what a pain. It's a better layout now IMO.

Anyway, the ottos love their freedom again after being stuck in a nano for a few weeks... The cleanest nano in town! :shifty:

I've caught them swimming up and down the length of the tank. There's only 5 here, but all 10 do swim together on occasions.

ottos.jpg

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

Lovely fellows.
And their color is weird, they look a little orange on the side..!

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

Yeah, those shrimp are cool.

A few years back I came back from holidays to find all my fish dead. A filter pipe had kinked and no filtration, the moron of my brother just kep feeding the fish, even though they were mostly dead. I really can't figure that out.

So when I came into the house I was shocked at the sight, scooped all the fish I could and looked at the tank in disbelief. I went to the local shop and bought £10 worth of shrimp, 10p each!

Dropped them into the tank, and in under a week the tank was spotless, a fantastic cleaning crew.

They die on hot water, but for cool water they are perfect.

I'll try and get a better shot of the ottos.

I've added another 6 today along with 3 s+ grade CRS. Thats about 20 or so ottos now.

The algae crew, seem to be doing a great job. Probably the biggest alage crew i've had.

The purigen seems to be working well too, Not 100% but pretty good.

day-4.jpg

That HC is spreading like wild fire isn't it!

Thats gonna need some trimming when it gets going properly. Looks loads clearer.

ps, get a decent pic of those shrimp.

Back