• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Over and out.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 'Ruby' plant list

Mark Evans said:
mikeappleby said:
Was hoping for some limnophila aromatica too... But looks great!

I could add some at a later date if it needs it. 8)

ianho said:
sounds nice, Mark! Look forward to it mate!

I'm off to tie a million moss stones now o_O

I still need so much more moss!!!! Hope you dont just make appear mountains of the stuff :(

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 'Ruby' plant list

Guys, Thanks for the support :thumbup:

I'll reply properly later today. I've run out of superglue, half way through planting!

Thankfully, i'm just missing ferns and anubias, which can be put in after. A few moss stones to add also.

I've made a few, bold, choices with this. Plant positioning of one or 2 plants.

Anyway, I've got to tidy up now. The place is a mess.

Here's something to be going on with.

Oooo, the hill held together well :thumbup:

Geisseman lighting rocks!

planted-2.jpg

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 'Ruby' Run out of superglue!

George Farmer said:
I can see you've planted some 'background' plants nearer the front. Should turn out interesting.

Yes mate. It might not work, but there's another reason. I reckon, with some taller plants in the mid ground, this should help with getting some dramatic shots later down the line.

I've not looked at this as just a 'final image' scape. I want to exploit every possible angle with this one.

Tony Swinney said:
Looks like that was a long planting shift Mark ! Looks really interesting so far

Hi Mr T :thumbup:

mammoth doesn't come close. you see, i didn't just plant this tank yesterday, but another 180L before i did this one.

2 in one day...and by myself :D splitting plants, preparing, planting.

filling the tank...

half-1.jpg

There's a couple of themes that seem to run through this tank...one that stands out for me is maybe, a Jungle theme...

You are truly a pro, Mark! I really cannot decide which is better, either the scape or pictures!

Keeping my eyes on this one! :)

Wow!!! That's looking really nice there mark!!! Congratulations!!!

Ummm,...could you be kind enough to show how you actually glue the moss using superglue please? Would it kill the moss if the glue sort of spreads over the moss leaf surface?

Sonnyarba said:
I really cannot decide which is better, either the scape or pictures!

Thanks my friend :thumbup:

I do feel though, this is the kinda tank that's not 'big hitting' from the start. Lots of crypts, and many changes before it starts to look something...

faizal said:
Ummm,...could you be kind enough to show how you actually glue the moss using superglue please? Would it kill the moss if the glue sort of spreads over the moss leaf surface?

I'll do a quick vid for you. :thumbup:

Here's a flies view of the tank.

The wife has just found me some superglue!

spot the difference betweem ADA NAM-H and NAG 'Green'

Mark - I could do with a vid of how to remove glued fingers from Rocks. lol. I'm typing one handed :)

Your scape is looking good already. Gonna look fab once it matures. Nice job yet again :)

Andy

That's looking suberb Mark :thumbup: , I shall watch this one grow in with great interest.

Cheers,
James

looks great Mark, that moss will look great when grown in. The whole scape will/does look fantastic, when grown in!

James Marshall said:
That's looking suberb Mark

cheers bud.

ianho said:
The whole scape will/does look fantastic, when grown in!

Cheers mate. Yeah, i think this is a 'lomg haul' scape.

clonitza said:
I can see now the difference between NAMH and NAG good choice for adding them both and you've got a red plant! That's promising!

I aim to please :lol:

ghostsword said:
a jungle with a valley in front !

:D not sure if it's going to work though.

SuperColey1 said:
I could do with a vid of how to remove glued fingers from Rocks.

You need a stihl saw :lol:

mrjackdempsey said:
Liking this, yes liking it alot. Well done Mark

Cheers Dave :D

Antoni said:
that tank rocks! It looks very promising right from the start! Amazing job and gear!

Thanks Antoni. :wave:

I wont bore you all with image after image. I've spent a bit of time taking images from different angles and with different lenses. The layout is a real treat in terms of angles and depth. It's far too early to get anything decent, but in a month or 2 I'll be posting many pics 8)

Here's the manzi root wood

woody.jpg

Back