• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Over and out.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Last of the pics for a while

The tank is looking awesome there Mark!!! :D

It's really filled up nicely & the stems have grown too,...in such a short time.

I can't help but to notice that you've chosen the position of your lily pipe at the left hand side of the tank,...opposing the sparybar. I am a bit embarassed to be asking you this but wouldn't the lily pipe's output intefere with the output of the spraybar on the right side of the tank? :oops:

I mean from what I have understood about flow is that the output currents from different sources should be placed in such a way that they should accentuate each other,...right? So if the outflow coming out of a lilypipe is in the form of a cone,....shouldn't the best place for its position be below the spray bar on the right side there & situated exactly at the centre of the entire spray bar's length?

Mark,... :oops: I am truly in my diaper stage of keeping aquatic plants here. The knowledge that I have gained so far is ONLY because of the kindness shown to me by the members of UKAPS,...so what I am really trying to say here is that I am curious to know why you have chosen that particular spot for your lilypipe,..so I that could learn from your experience.

Wow that wide shot is mental :wideyed: So much depth. I am looking forward to see stems after trim when they recover...

Piece-of-fish said:
Wow that wide shot is mental So much depth.

:D

faizal said:
Mark,... I am truly in my diaper stage of keeping aquatic plants here. The knowledge that I have gained so far is ONLY because of the kindness shown to me by the members of UKAPS,...so what I am really trying to say here is that I am curious to know why you have chosen that particular spot for your lilypipe,..so I that could learn from your experience.

Mate, it's fine. Ask away. :thumbup:

OK, with this set up, I've got a spray bar on the right. I'm loving spray bars now, just great 'spread' of water.

To the opposing side, the lilly is shooting down the front glass, real tight and angled into it. It also sends water downwards. I've looked real hard, and neither cancels each other out. This of course, is trial and error in each tank.

Even though this doesn't apply to the 10x rule, it's working just fine.

here's an image of the side...from the front, you cant see any of these stems...yet!

side-in-out.jpg

Can you make out the angle of the lilly?...this is to just push water back to the other side. I've opted for a filter instead of a power head.The inlet, i moved because the stems were clogging the inlet grooves. :thumbup:

Hey Mark,

Well I have spent most of the night catching up on this amazing journal!! Well what can I say mate, this is a truly stunning scape, great photography and brilliant read! The setup, plant choice, gravel etc is class, it's a real different look which you've pulled together well. Well done..... I can not wait to see this grown in, keep it up mate, it's inspiring stuff.

Cheers Ben

So for a while means 3 days :lol:
Nice wall you have in the back, you should shot the sides often (I should do that also), happy trimming mate! I was wondering how's the flow in that area (with the inlet) ...

Mike

:) in my case for a while would mean 3 months.
Side shot is showing great colours also. Looking forward to seeing that soon ;)

B7fec said:
Well I have spent most of the night catching up on this amazing journal!! Well what can I say mate, this is a truly stunning scape, great photography and brilliant read! The setup, plant choice, gravel etc is class, it's a real different look which you've pulled together well. Well done..... I can not wait to see this grown in, keep it up mate, it's inspiring stuff.

Many thanks Ben. :)

clonitza said:
So for a while means 3 days

Thats a long time for me no? :lol:

Piece-of-fish said:
Looking forward to seeing that soon

See you tomorrow :thumbup:

Ruby starts to show now. Still months away from a nice bush of ruby's though...

ruby.jpg

I've just taken this, so the stems are firmly shut for the night.

Thank you Mark,... :D

It was really nice to hear why it was done,...those stems at the back are really compact. Beautiful touch with those "Ruby" accents too. It's going to look simply sweet once all those reds become clearly visible from the front view.

Thanks again.

Im loving your tank as I have done with all your others. Can't wait to see how it looks when it grows in more. Your water always looks so gin clear too. Are you just doing the one water change a week. Also, how are you finding the halides?

Alastair said:
Im loving your tank as I have done with all your others. Can't wait to see how it looks when it grows in more. Your water always looks so gin clear too. Are you just doing the one water change a week. Also, how are you finding the halides?

Cheers Alastair :thumbup: The Halides are great. They're not used for long periods, not until the whole things 'settles'

It's getting what it needs from the 2 x t5, albeit at a much slower rate.

Juri, Ed (piece of fish) and juri's GF kartia came over yesterday to visit. It was great to see them again, and a trip to TGM, a bottle of JD and a curry later, i'm feeling a little worse for wear this morning .

A right bunch of posers eh?...Juri, Kartia, and Ed.

the-gang.jpg

good to see you all, i'm sorry i couldn't get yesterday...i could just do with a curry!

ianho said:
good to see you all, i'm sorry i couldn't get yesterday...i could just do with a curry!

Another time mate. The curry was mega! ;)

I've put my IAPLC certificate on the wall. :D

pre-trim-2.jpg

It's trim time soon too.

Last pic for the weekend. I'm away again tomorrow.

This shows the cabinet really nicely. ADA quality

FTS-3-1.jpg

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 A couple of new pics

Alastair said:
The pic with 3 people in really shows how big the tank actually is lol

She's a beast mate. I thought I'd encounter all the 'flow/co2' issues, but all is well.

I've lowered the light unit, which makes the T5 look pretty awesome, but whilst doing this, I've switched the MH off for when i'm away.
Here's the apomogeten images from the otehr thread i've put up.

aponogeten-crispus-red.jpg

aponogeten-crispus-red-21.jpg

Thanks for being a good host. Great weekend. The tank is massive and a beauty, that extra 10cm height gives so much.
Cant wait to see it after couple trims.
:thumbup:

Piece-of-fish said:
Thanks for being a good host. Great weekend. The tank is massive and a beauty, that extra 10cm height gives so much.
Cant wait to see it after couple trims.

Cheers Ed. great to see you. People must see my tanks after 3 months or so. Its always 2 or 3 weeks :lol: when they look not so good.

great photography!

So, your aponogeton was different to those in TGM, mine was from there, it's the colour of a Wendtii 'brown' at the moment. Was yours that colour to begin with?

Back