• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Over and out.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 A couple of new pics

It's the same plant Ian. Mine was that colour. I often get odd colours in my crypts too. As George mentioned, it seems quit vigorous in terms of growth. I look forward to it trailing along the top alongside balansae.

i have just managed to get a shot of mine...it'll be in the journal soon. Great pics though mate.

Mark

The tank is look awesome dude! Really like the open aspect and the depth you have created through planting and rock work. Keep up the fantactic journal. There is part of me that thinks this is your best yet.

As discussed previoulsy i need to find a excuse to be working in your part of notts and pop in for a coffee! :lol:

As long as you have a drool cloth! :lol: :lol:

Andyh

Wow look's really healthy,i love the DOF through the middle,all in all another ok set up from you :lol: ,seriously though mate you keep knocking these out one after the other and they are all top notch :thumbup: ,

John.

Wow, that aponogeton looks great! and the tank is looking better every single day...with botle of JD near by, it must been fun :)

Never mind the next day :lol:

I couldn't resist!

stunning tank Mark.

There or said it, haha I've tried not to fall into the trap of making another post towards my 'most active topic' being one of your journals lol. Where I have little to no actual advice or help to offer haha.

Congrats buddy :D

Many thanks guys for the kind words. :angelic:

Tom, as George has mentioned, consistency is the key, i believe.

You cant see it in this pic, but there's 2 filters, both with co2, this i reckon helps.

cab-1.jpg

The tank still has that 'new' look. Plants haven't taken that 'aged' look as yet, that'll come with time, which this tank has plenty of.

There's still plenty of transformations to take place. i.e. crypts, ferns, bolbitis, mosses etc.

That's looking so sweet Mark,...your carpet looks fully filled there. Are you injecting your CO2 with a UP aqua atomizer?

Hey Mark, The tank is shaping up nicely. Brilliant photos as always. :)

A quick comment on the overall image if you do not mind ;) On the left side as i see you're using the Microsorum pteropus. Not the narrow leaf as i see. Those leaf seems too heavy on the left. The scape would be more finer if you would have a narrower leaf plant there. As your right side is full with stems and thin leaf plants. Also that middle rock is pretty highlighted now. Maybe the photo capture in this angle does that, but that distract the eye a bit. Not sure what is the plan with that. Maybe plants will grow on it etc.

Hope you do not mind the feedback. The scape looks great by the way. ;)

faizal said:
Are you injecting your CO2 with a UP aqua atomizer?

Similer..it's boyou :thumbup:

viktorlantos said:
quick comment on the overall image if you do not mind On the left side as i see you're using the Microsorum pteropus. Not the narrow leaf as i see. Those leaf seems too heavy on the left. The scape would be more finer if you would have a narrower leaf plant there. As your right side is full with stems and thin leaf plants. Also that middle rock is pretty highlighted now. Maybe the photo capture in this angle does that, but that distract the eye a bit. Not sure what is the plan with that. Maybe plants will grow on it etc.

I hear you viktor :thumbup:

Your right mate. I've already noticed the design error. I need to add more to the right. My stem trimming lines would be too low without additional ferns.

Hopefully though, the rock will get mostly covered with moss...or algae, which ever comes first.

4-weeks-2.jpg

Thankfully, with the long term nature of the tank, i can move things around without too much bother.

Thanks for the input viktor. Much valued :D

To try and see what the final images would look like, i've taken an image or 2 with back lighting.

It looks more terrestrial than i first thought.

back-light-1.jpg

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 back lighting

I've been to MA today with Mr Ianh. Noticing how nice penguin tetras look, i decided to get some...egged on by Ian.

They just add something real nice to the tank. once they've settled in properly, I'll upload some more images.

Theres 18 in total.

penguin-tetras.jpg

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Some new fish

They look superb! (I knew they would, lol).

I can't believe the growth in this tank, to see it again after a month, it's grown in so well. Good to see it again in the flesh/water!

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Some new fish

Cheers Ianh. i've trimmed it up this afternoon. 8)

Piece-of-fish said:
Any cherries left?

yes mate :thumbup:

viktorlantos said:
BTW Aponogeton color is crazy there

my fave plant mate. I've got plans for this in the next Iwagumi ;)

The penguins,have to be the best fish choice I've ever made. Such AMAZING shoalers.

They've got a little spot they like to hang out. I think it's a temporary place until they feel safe.

pre feeding...

fish-3.jpg

after feeding...

fish-1-1.jpg

After i brought out the bloodworm, every fish in the tank sprung into action.

One fish i put in a few days ago, which i didn't mention, also came out. TBH, i thought it was dead as I've not seen it since putting it in.it soon came out when feeding time started. I've bought just the one.

A fish to suit the title...Ruby shark

fish-2.jpg

I'm hoping you can see that i'm going all 'colour' in this tank...not the usual 'green' :D

Back