• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Over and out.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 full tank shot @ 5 weeks

Slow for Mark.... like a F1 bolide for me...

The Cherry looks awesome, IMO this could be ranked as Fire red .. :thumbup:

Super healthly plants as always Mr Evans.
The layout is superb, the path way adds crazy depth.

Cheers,
James

Thanks chaps.

A small written update.

Everything is great. The stems are on full recovery. The Eustralis stellata is surprisingly quick at developing new crowns

Crypts corners, are really starting to develop nicely too.

My catfish does wonders for glass cleaning duties. 8)

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 update

here's a snap of the stems on their recovery.

You can just make out the little groupings of stems.

recover.jpg

Tony Swinney said:
Beautiful work Mark - the colours and textures you have in there are wonderful. i may just have to come see it in the flesh !

Tony

Tony.....you can pick me up en-route!! :D (if Mark will allow it o_O )

I'm sure something can be arranged in the future.

I've noticed, recently, that the cherry shrimp are coming out more. Most of them are bright red, with little white saddles on their backs. Most fish leave them alone.

Ludwigia glandulosa recovers well too. With about 3 new crowns, per cut stem.

The Java fern seems to be the slowest grower with lots of older leaves still attached. But plenty of new growth coming through.

Aponogeten crispus red, i think, needs to be reigned in! A pretty fast grower.

So, with everything ticking over, i'm off the the LFS to look at fish :)

Looking good mate.
Still with only 2x54w t5 ? who said we need high light to have success? :crazy:

Jur4ik said:
Still with only 2x54w t5

Yes Juri. just the 2. I have though, lowered the luminaire so it's the closest i can get it.

flygja said:
Please remind me Mark, how many bps of CO2 are you running?

I dont use a bubble counter flygja. i Have a green drop checker though. Co2 is on 2 hours before lights on.

Everything with this tank, goes against everything I've ever done before. Quit low light, very low ferts, and average co2 injection.

Waterchanges are just 30% per week.

Thanks Mark. If you can't tell, I'm trying to dig the secret to minimal algae from you :lol: You will tell us all one day... :twisted:

By the way, I'm really liking the multiple types of fish in one tank idea these days. Couple of years ago, I'd be obsessed with keeping only one type of fish in a tank, for competition photos admittedly. To the point that I might be down to 4 or 5 fish and won't buy any unless I can get the same type. Right now my 60cm has 3 different types of rasboras/tetras and I'm loving it! Splashes of colour and different behaviour are a joy to watch.

Looking good Mark, glad cherries are feeling great in there. I'd be too :D
Now you need the same rainbow variety with shrimp as with fish. ;)
I have just brought 460 shrimp of 14 different species from abroad so maybe next time will bring you something more interesting.

flygja said:
I'm trying to dig the secret to minimal algae from you You will tell us all one day...

I just cant tell you :lol: it called be all that snake oil i add.

Piece-of-fish said:
I have just brought 460 shrimp of 14 different species from abroad so maybe next time will bring you something more interesting.

gimmee gimmee!

Here's the aponogeten going mad on the right side. On the left, it's very uniform

aponogeten-madness.jpg

Back