• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Over and out.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 possibly, for the last time.

I'd be sat in the back with that mate! Infact i'd probably be laid next to the tank.

Good luck with the transportation. Is that the water line in the picture or have you drained it completely?
Looking forward to surprised visitors photos ;)

It's fully empty Ed. :D

I'm much happier it's in the van. I just hope everything withstands the 'no water' period. George and Dan do it frequently, without trouble, so this should be OK? :angelic:

It'll be fine mate. Just take it easy on the roads and drive as smoothly as possible. Top it up as slowly as possible to avoid potential clouding.

Try to do the same on the return and keep the 'scape going for Aquatics Live! :thumbup:

What a day! :wideyed: i'm pooped.

The tank arrived safe and sound, If a little untidy after filling.

I filled it, and it was crystal clear, but numpty here forgot to clean the filter :shh: nice dirty water :lol: A few hours of the filter running and everything was good again.

tel4.jpg

tel5.jpg

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 What a day!

looks ace mate and well done!

Those posters that describe the layout are great as well, does it have ya name on??

120 x 55 x 55 What a day!

You guys are amazing. Moving such a large thing to a show. I've seen that tank empty and it was amazingly large, so to move it with substrate and plants would be something that I would not try. :)

Wow, you must be proud Mark... This is amazing!!!

Good luck!

Wow. Where is this being displayed? Sorry, I've been under a bit of a work shaped rock for a while.

George Farmer said:
Good to see you today, Mark.

Tank looked sweet. Star of the show!

and you matey! :D I've just been looking at your rock layout...pretty darn nice mate. Could be my next venture.

jay said:
Where is this being displayed?

Aqua 2011 @ telford :thumbup:

Sonnyarba said:
Wow, you must be proud Mark... This is amazing!!!

I'm proud to be helping with the spreading of the word. This is important i think :D

ghostsword said:
You guys are amazing. Moving such a large thing to a show.

Brute strenghth! :lol:

ianho said:
Those posters that describe the layout are great as well, does it have ya name on??

it does matey. My 15 minutes of fame. :angelic:

Here's a brief encounter withAqua 2011, you'll catch George's and Dan's tank too.

I've mentioned this a few times, but the scape isnt fully matured, no where near. But to get the chance to help out and display, means masses to me. So if it benefits the UK as a whole then i'm up for anything.

Ah guys this is awesome! What a beautiful presentation of these diamonds. I love the idea that Tropica used your tanks and not built new ones for the event. Congrat to the event and i wish you luck and lot of fun.

Do not forget to capture some faces when they enter to the planted heaven ;)

You guys must be strong, I almost died carrying a 120cm x 50cm x 50cm.... empty! There were 2 other guys with me too! What a great display, you guys must be well chuffed.

Awesome, guys!

That is quite a venture and I admire your endevour and passion! Mark, you deserve a medal for bravery and great contribution to the aquascaping in UK ! Will have a word with the Queen, later on :D

The hobby needs people like you! :thumbup:

Thanks chaps. Just doing my bit, just like dan and George.

I'm off work tomorrow, and I'm heading back to the show. I really can't wait. :D

I'll get some pictures and post them in due course.

Pretty soon, I'll be starting a new journal for the 120 x 55 x 55 an iwagumi, with a twist here and there.

It was actually quite easy Stu. No real hassle at all. :thumbup:

So, the end is here. The tank is back at home, being dismantled. It's been a mad few weeks, and now it's time to concentrate on my IAPLC 2012.

I'm going to give the next tank, lots of time. And with many new things learned, i feel much more 'comfortable' with steady growth and maintenance.

Aqua 2011 was an awesome experience, and I've made some great friends, especially, the guys from Tropica. Michael @ Tropica was a rock to me at the show, with encouragement and advise.

Troels, and Lars were fantastic, and, many thanks for everything.

filipe oliveira was a legend! I've spent a fair few hours with him, talking, talking and more tanking. A great guy! We even helped each other pack gear away and load vans. Look forward to seeing him again.

Very kindly, he's given me the new range of Elos ferts to try out, so I'll report on these in the future.

elos.jpg

Can I also thank everyone for their kind contribution to this thread. Without you guys, it would have been nothing.

At some time in the future, I'll more than likely start a new journal, but currently, I have a few health issues with need resolving, so for now, I'll take a back seat for a while until I'm a little more certain of the future. :thumbup:

Thanks everyone.

Back