• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55cm 'On the sea shore'

Re: 120 x 55 x 55cm 'On the sea shore'

Thanks Aquadream. A lot of work went into believe it or not. File handling is so time consuming.

Viktor, i was gutted i couldnt make it. I had the invite to. next year i suppose.

Mark Evans said:
Thanks Aquadream. A lot of work went into believe it or not. File handling is so time consuming.
O but I believe you all the way, because I know from personal experience. Making good movies is not a joke.
You'v done very good one and you are this close to become the aquatic Spielberg. :clap:
But know this. I am running after you and I am vicious. :D :D :D

Aquadream said:
O but I believe you all the way, because I know from personal experience. Making good movies is not a joke.
You'v done very good one and you are this close to become the aquatic Spielberg.
But know this. I am running after you and I am vicious.

This is good, and i'm sure there are way better than me. But remember this....when it's paid work, as this was, don't expect to do what you want to do, but rather what the client wants.

I could of done these videos in a completely different way, but i wasnt aloud. It's also handy to have a tank to video...thats about 99% of the hardwork.

Mark Evans said:
Aquadream said:
You'v done very good one and you are this close to become the aquatic Spielberg.
But know this. I am running after you and I am vicious.

This is good, and i'm sure there are way better than me. But remember this....when it's paid work, as this was, don't expect to do what you want to do, but rather what the client wants.

I could of done these videos in a completely different way, but i wasnt aloud. It's also handy to have a tank to video...thats about 99% of the hardwork.
The paid works are like that. What ever the boss wants. The evil nature of earning cash. But then it helps for the nice hobby and it is a beautiful kind of work to do.

They are all great vids and very well made. I have checked em all out on the Tropica website now and they look really professional, you can tell the time you spent on em Mark.

well done dude!

Amazing work there Mark (aquascaping & cinematography),...i loved listening that background score too. Very dreamy .

Well, what can i say? I dont realy know where to begin. I may even skim over the whole thing.

Sorry for my absence recently, times have been extremeley tough. I'm at about 70% of my old self, but getting better daily. This has been an emotional rollercoaster ride, that i wouldnt wish on anyone.

My apologies to those who have been trying to contact me recently but with no reply. I'm really sorry. It's not ignorance, but rather an inability to communicate how I'd like to.

The 90cm has not been looked after for about....8 weeks now? Water level is low, HC pulled up from the substrate, but you know.....it's still growing like mad. Pearls like nothing else. I'm slowly getting motivation back (writing this is tough let me tell ya!), and I should be doing the 120cm any time soon.

Anyways, heres a pic of the sad looking 90cm

7431225984_9a87303629_b.jpg
8-weeksand-nothing by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Hi Mark, sorry to hear your op and recovery time have been so arduous mate. You sound like you have been through the wringer, but I am glad to hear that you are progressing in the right direction an wish you well for getting back to 100% as soon as possible.

Your absence has been noticed and your updates missed, at least by me, but undoubtedly by the rest of UKAPS also. But its nice to see you back on the radar and I am sure everyone will be happy to hear from you as and when you are able. Your recovery is paramount, so I am sure we can be patient. Lets face it, the best things always come to those who wait ;)

Meanwhile, I have to say, I wish my scape was a "sad looking" as yours :clap: Cos even without much attention it still looks remarkably healthy to me :thumbup: Keep up the battle mate.

Stunning as ever mark. And even messy it is still something on envy.
Health worries are always of concern, i have recently recovered from sudden blackouts and collapsing. found out it was to do with some of my meds reacting to my hayfever meds. always worrying when you don't know why something is happening and it scares you.
Have the Gold Sunsets males started showing the breeding colors yet, they are stunning when they do.

tim said:
,... your sad tank looks so much better than any of my sad looking tanks :thumbup: all the best

:lol: I'd like to second that. Actually I'd like to edit that to ",..your sad looking tank looks so much better than ANY of my tanks,.... :lol: "

Take care & get well. I remember reading your post before you went in for the op. Like everyone here,...I missed reading your journal too.

Thanks guys.

I'm in a much better place now. Those damn pain killers were evil things indeed. Clean living from now on.

I'm making a start on the 120cm today. I need to take out all of the hardwork out (hardscape, substrate etc...) and do it all over again; So i can video it.

I might even throw caution to the wind and do something different all together....a clear mind thinks different.

Mark Evans said:
Thanks guys.

I'm in a much better place now. Those damn pain killers were evil things indeed. Clean living from now on.

I'm making a start on the 120cm today. I need to take out all of the hardwork out (hardscape, substrate etc...) and do it all over again; So i can video it.

I might even throw caution to the wind and do something different all together....a clear mind thinks different.
Great that your feeling better again Mark, its easy to tell as your now back on it starting the 120 :thumbup:
Looking forward to the rest of the journal.
Cheerio,
Ady.

looking forward to the new scape mate...good to see you back.

I to, am looking forward to settting this up.

With not dosing the 90cm in over 6 weeks, no waterchanges...just fish feeding, it's amazing how much crap we put in our tanks. I'll be 'low dosing' in the 120cm

120 x 55 x 55cm 'On the sea shore'

Mark Evans said:
I to, am looking forward to settting this up.

With not dosing the 90cm in over 6 weeks, no waterchanges...just fish feeding, it's amazing how much crap we put in our tanks. I'll be 'low dosing' in the 120cm

Glad you well mate, really happy.

Looking forward to your scapes, something fresh to push aquascaping further along..

Thanks for the encouragment chaps. I'm still in the early stages of a 'new life style' but things are different for me now.

The ball is now rolling, and a new journal....or 2 is on the horizon.

Back