• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55cm 'On the sea shore'

:lol: Sounds about right...I think that would be "situational irony" :geek:
I agree it does look the better for a little healthy neglect; and there are a couple of other scapes of yours which I also thought benefited similarly...if that's possible :wideyed:

Troi said:
I agree it does look the better for a little healthy neglect; and there are a couple of other scapes of yours which I also thought benefited similarly

Cheers mate.

I've had bit of a tidy up today. Removed a few stray runners, removed big leaves off Echinodorus...stuff like that.

Cleaned my lily pipes, and broke one in doing so...D'OH

I need to start moving the several hundred shrimp into the 90cm. Once this is complete, I don't want to hang around in getting the next one started.

There's a couple of people who have PM'D ,me asking for moss. I'll get some out to you chaps next weekend. (ollie and Chris)

Swee said:
That's a beautiful tank Mark, I like the way you use riccia. I wanted to say that I didn't feel the echinodorus in your tank, but you just said you cut that leaves...

Thanks mate. Was nice to meet you @ aquatics live.

Yeah, the Echinodorus needed a home, so thats why it ended up in here. :D

Here's a couple more shots. Nowt fancy...

You can see the riccia starting to lift. Had the halides on today, and the pearling has made it boyant :?

8238731314_8efa4f6b22_b.jpg
5-months-3 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

8237661077_f621df44b9_b.jpg
5-months by saintly's pics, on Flickr

8238730394_f41bdf7423_b.jpg
5-months-2 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Cheers Swee.
It'll be the big shoot soon, so out come the hairdryers and stuff :D

I may need some help too with the shoot. :?

As always mark your tanks look great, and for such little input too fert wise and water change wise etc. it's a Shame your not round the corner I'd love to help with a shoot.
Ps must remember to get first dibs on your next plant and moss giveaway I always miss out ha ha

Alastair said:
it's a Shame your not round the corner I'd love to help with a shoot.

No worries mate. Another time. I'll get through it. Actually, i thought there'd be a few more takers.

Mark Evans said:
Alastair said:

No worries mate. Another time. I'll get through it. Actually, i thought there'd be a few more takers.

I'm too far too! :( coulda learnt some tips :p

Mark Evans said:

Hey Mark I'm just an hour away, I love to help, I'm sure it'd be like a crash course in nature aquarium photography... and lordy knows I could do with one :D

Whitey89 said:
Mark Evans said:
Alastair said:

I'm too far too! :( coulda learnt some tips :p
Yep, if you were closer I'd have been up for it.....presuming I wasn't too old of course :lol:

Ady34 said:
Yep, if you were closer I'd have been up for it

Another time mate. I'd like to arrange some kind of get together. Me and Tony were talking about something @ aquatics live, which could be quite interesting.

Troi said:
Hey Mark I'm just an hour away, I love to help, I'm sure it'd be like a crash course in nature aquarium photography... and lordy knows I could do with one

Well, I'll be doing this over the Christmas break, so maybe we could arrange something? I cant confirm a fixed date as yet though.

Whitey89 said:
I'm too far too! coulda learnt some tips

Belive it or not, i'm a 'lucky' shooter. click and hope :lol:

Mark Evans said:
Ady34 said:
Yep, if you were closer I'd have been up for it

Another time mate. I'd like to arrange some kind of get together. Me and Tony were talking about something @ aquatics live, which could be quite interesting.
Sounds intriguing....

Ady34 said:
Sounds intriguing....

Yeah, we were discussing the possibility of a seminar or something similar. Bringing a 'grown in tank', and then setting up for a photo shoot.

Not just using flash as a light source, but to try and show how to get the best out of aquarium lighting for aquatic photography. Tips on, getting the background looking nice. Stuff like that.

Getting this arranged could be a nightmare, but worth it i think.

Mark Evans said:
Ady34 said:
Sounds intriguing....

Yeah, we were discussing the possibility of a seminar or something similar. Bringing a 'grown in tank', and then setting up for a photo shoot.

Not just using flash as a light source, but to try and show how to get the best out of aquarium lighting for aquatic photography. Tips on, getting the background looking nice. Stuff like that.

Getting this arranged could be a nightmare, but worth it i think.

As an aside to this and something that might add to the event if it takes place, the BCA hold bi annual conventions where they have an internationally recognised speaker(s). A "seminar" if you will. Then afterwards they hold a fish auction where people submit fish and equipment for sale by auction with a % going back to the BCA. Sellers can set a reserve price.

I love the idea of an aquatic photography seminar, but the scope of the event could be made a little wider, with people bringing their equipment, fish and plants along. Entrance of £5 a head to cover venue hire and a bit towards cost of running and Bob's your uncle.

Just food for thought :)

I'd certainly love to get involved in this. Before the recession hit, I was a photographer for many years. I'd be more than happy to help out and share some of what I know to people.

The seminar wouldn't just be about photography. There'd be many aspects.

I think a free event would encourage more to attend. There's plenty to arrange, and I'll be talking to Tony in the near future.

SmallestFrog said:
I'd be more than happy to help out and share some of what I know to people.

Sure. Maybe a few different speakers can share their tips on aquatic photography. It's a niche subject so if you could add some of your aquatic photography tips, that would be great. Coming from a Pro would make it even better.

Maybe express how you would achieve the 'ripple' effect and stuff like that?...

Saw this bad boy today and the moss is to die for! I have never seen moss in such great condition. Best I have seen, so natural. Great scape.

. I'll be in touch to discuss if you like stu. It'd be good to have you as part of the team.

Cheers Ian... I'll send the check shortly lol. Goes to show little dosing can work.

Btw.... Dan is missing you and the nerf war!!!!

Back