• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120cm - Cuspidated Jungle

George Farmer said:
f_Tank1JuwelRm_a25096f.jpg
Thanks looks amazing, I am considering doing this on my tank, removing all the plants from the left hand side, would look similar! Clive as I nice plant that I am going to try if he manages to find me some clippings so we will see ;)
As always George, great scapes :)

Hi George, your usual standards as ever,all very nice and all have really lovely healthy plants,well done mate regards john.

ceg4048 said:
Hmm..OK... :? That's a good data point. That means I'm suffering delusions and that it must be some other factor or combination thereof. :rolleyes: My next suspect is TPN+ or possibly lighting. Sorry to be annoying mate but could you confirm that the plant in the nano is in fact B. japonica and not B. aubertii or something like that? Also, do you (or did you) have any specimens of non-bronzed Blyxa, and if so could you recall the conditions under which they maintained their green coloration?

Cheers,

I thought that's common with blyxa. If you look on aquatic plant central webpage and search for blyxa I did remember something about dosing high fert especially micro that will cause the plant to go bronze red.

Yes, but then how to explain the fact that it's now green, as well as the green in the 80 cm...

Cheers,

George Farmer said:
nickyc said:
Love it!!! Exactly how many tanks do you have?!
I only have two running right now - 60cm German opti-white from Aqua Essentials and 30cm nano.

I've had five at one point - 4 hi-tech planted and one biotope... But there weren't enough hours in the day to keep them up to my 'OCD' standard!

Does that mean you don't have the chocolate biotope anymore?

I'm seeing that they both go bronze (each in their own way). Deletion of Excel seems to return them both to more green within a week or so. I'm not sure if this is coincidence or illusion or real.

Yep i can agree with that. I spot dosed excel a few weeks ago on my tenellus lawn and saw a large increase in the red shoots. Stopped it now and many are returning to green

James

I can't add to the blyxia solution as mine were light green to bronze from start ot present. This is with JamesCs lean dosing and 20-25ppm CO2, then TPN+ with 30ppm back to how I have it at the mo. All the time under 0.9WPG T5HO so no help from me as usual. lol

Nice scape George, not going to attempt to copy this one as it would turn into a puddle of algae with my lazy methods. lol

Andy

Back