• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120cm. Green Neons Fly

8f1fe010.jpg

It's changed a little. Thanks for the sand suggestion, George. I actually have gone for a mass of Fiji sand. Lots of moss. Cut the stems right down also. Was getting lots of BBA on the hardscape so I've purchased a new regulator and raised the lights about 2 foot off the tank surface. This should lessen the need for perfect saturation. Still dosing dry powders every couple days. Half tank water change every week.

0ae5cf7a.jpg

Still going strong. Everything except algae is growing. Added eleocharis acicularis to both far sides and back middle. Runners after a couple days!! My light is about 2ft off the water surface! Two 4th t5 tubes only. 8 hours a day.

Thanks.

viktorlantos said:
wow this looks amazing with that moss on the bottom of the wood. Really nice tank, the foreground is perfect, only the background need to be adjusted to give a better impression.

I totally agree, tank looks great mate, I reckon with some nice stems to add hight rear left and rear right it will be even better

Piece-of-fish said:
Congratulations, you are on the right track now :clap:
Thanks very much. Yeah I believe I am now. I've added some amazon frogbit on the surface, but I think it's soaking up all the nutrients before anything else has the chance. Is this possible? It is rather lean dosing. Also, I think it's restricting flow as over the last couple of days I've noticed a lot of surface film.

viktorlantos said:
wow this looks amazing with that moss on the bottom of the wood. Really nice tank, the foreground is perfect...
Thanks you Victor. Really appreciate it. I must say the moss banks on the wood mounds are my favourite piece of 'scaping I've ever done.

Alastair said:
I totally agree, tank looks great mate, I reckon with some nice stems to add hight rear left and rear right it will be even better
Yes Alastair, I fully agree too. I've currently got some myriophyllum mattogrossense, hygrophilla polysperma and rotala rotundefolia (sorry about the spellings) on each rear side, but I keep hacking them back to try and get a dense look, then I'll let them grow a bit more.
More pics soon, with my dslr. I know these iPhone pics are terrible but I don't get much time to upload pics on laptop.

Thanks all.

How do you keep your white sand so white? It's really beautiful... makes me regret not using more moss in a previous scape of mine.

flygja said:
How do you keep your white sand so white? It's really beautiful... makes me regret not using more moss in a previous scape of mine.
Well I've always attributed sand discolouration to dirty filters and bright light. For this set up, the 2 t5 bulbs are nearly 2 feet off the top of the water surface, only on for 7 hours a day. Also, this sand is a nice natural colour to it. Unipac Fiji.

Back