• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120cm - The Crypt Eternal - final tank shot

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
370 litres, 10 species of Cryptocoryne and 169th in the 2009 IAPLC. :D

Another 6 months or so would have seen it look much better still, I think, but circumstances meant strip down and sale of the tank.

This was one of my favourites due to the long-term and low maintenance aspects. No CO2 injection either.

crypteternal.jpg

3566226991_cf3b515d61_o.jpg

3567040232_d17e39c0a7_o.jpg

3567040394_f1cf7b0160_o.jpg

3567041714_0a7c1c56bf.jpg

3595316227_b4dc3f5063_o.jpg

Re: 120cm - The Crypt Eternal

Nice Scape George, using only Crypts creates a very interesting effect.
What a shame you had to break it down prematurely.
Congratulations on your contest placement.

Cheers
James

Lovely photos George, I love the natural textures, especially on the fauna. Well done on the placement mate. :thumbup:

Cheers,

hi George love the tank just wondering if that's a new species of loach botia striata sp. vampire :lol:

Well done George,nice low maintenance setup,great result too I bet your well pleased,
john.

Thanks, guys!

The IAPLC ranking was truly a surprise. To be honest, after my disappointing 898th last year I was lining myself up for another relatively low rank.

I still think there has to be very little between ranks in terms of scores. With well over 1,000 entrants, unless the scoring system is very comprehensive, literally one or two points will separate hundreds of ranks.

Can I complain about something? I don't like the fact it goes right to left, but after flipping it in Photoshop, its really nice :lol: :clap:

btw, I'm not saying that its a fault or anything, its just me being fussy :silent:

very nice george. I bet a video of it would have been good to see teh right --> left sway of the plants.

Did you put anything under the substrate to make it intoa low tech tech with having no co2 injection?

George, did you find you go a bad surface scum on this tank? I found that every time I've ever used crypts I get an oily scum that no amount of co2/flow tweaking really gets rid of.

Garuf said:
George, did you find you go a bad surface scum on this tank? I found that every time I've ever used crypts I get an oily scum that no amount of co2/flow tweaking really gets rid of.
That would be good to know, as I got the same in my 180 litre.

Either way George, that tank is truly stunning.

I get this in my low light tank, i just thought it might have been to-do with ferts somehow :lol:

Thanks again, all!!

JamesM said:
Can I complain about something? I don't like the fact it goes right to left, but after flipping it in Photoshop, its really nice :lol: :clap:

btw, I'm not saying that its a fault or anything, its just me being fussy :silent:
I did actually consider entering a horizontally flipped version, but felt it was cheating.

The open area to the left was due to the tank's placement in my living room, being viewed from the front-left when seated.

stuworrall said:
Did you put anything under the substrate to make it intoa low tech tech with having no co2 injection?
Thanks, Stu.

You can see a nice mound of ADA Aqua Soil in the hardscape layout. There's Power Sand Special underneath too.

hardscape120cm.jpg

Garuf said:
Not much scum. I ran 2 x 1200lph external filters plus a 1000lph powerhead near the surface.

120cmcryptleft.jpg

JamesM said:

its strange how one views that, i too prefer left to right scapes :wideyed: Very strange....

I do like this tank! :clap:

What was the dosing regime on this tank George?

Back