• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120cm - The Crypt Eternal - final tank shot

Re: 120cm - The Crypt Eternal

Thanks, Johnny!

5ml TPN per day. Not the '+' version as the substrate is very rich, I fed the fish a lot, and water changes were limited.

Lighting was 2 x 54w T5 for 8 hours, equating to 1wpg.

Top 100 next year George no pressure :D .

Damn competition is so difficult though that you could end up in 500th even with a decent looking aquascape, its difficult to know how to pitch it sometimes, what to enter.

Nice layout though George, although these slow growers need time to mature there is no doubt, I had the same problem myself. Great result though, your best yet.

George Farmer said:
Thanks mate!

Congrats on your ranking too. Beating 15th will always be an extremely tall-order, but if any UKAPS member can do it...

Will you be sharing photos of your entry soon?

I'm going to post them up now George, yes must try harder, I had to go away in January and Febuary this year and that sort of botched it for me. I had to abandon one aquascape (algae mess upon my return) and start anew at the one I entered.

No excuses or worries though it is a hobby afterall, you need serious dedication and a bit of luck to enter the top 50 I reckon, personally I need to leave more time for finishing aquascapes thats the lesson I have learnt recently especially with slow growing low light tanks.

You're right, of course.

I think really mature 'scapes are the key to success, as well as ticking all the other boxes. Having re-read the judging guidelines, a lot of emphasis is placed on scoring well for long-term layouts. My 898th place last year was far too young.

Moss too - I must do a decent moss 'scape!

Back