• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120cm - The Crypt Eternal (preview)

George Farmer said:
Mark Webb said:
Thanks George. When you say minimize water changes - to what frequency?
Check it out mate - http://www.barrreport.com/articles/433- ... thods.html

That is a great article. I have read and read it quite a few times now.... I'm 6 months into a Non CO2 tank layout dominated by crypts and swords.... no water changes far the last 5 months and not planning on doing one soon ;)

Count me as a +1 for the crypt appreciation club :D

What lighting rig did you use on this set up? You said 1 watt per gallon but was that the 4 t8s that rena provide in the set or did you go for t5s? I've got a rena 300 waiting to be set up this summer and am sorely tempted to go the low light/no CO2 /low maintenance route. I missed the pfk issue this was featured in and as the artical has never made it on to the website is there any chance of some more pics? (especially now the IAPLC deadline has passed)

UCBONES said:
What lighting rig did you use on this set up? You said 1 watt per gallon but was that the 4 t8s that rena provide in the set or did you go for t5s? I've got a rena 300 waiting to be set up this summer and am sorely tempted to go the low light/no CO2 /low maintenance route. I missed the pfk issue this was featured in and as the artical has never made it on to the website is there any chance of some more pics? (especially now the IAPLC deadline has passed)
Hi Dan

I replaced the Rena lighting with an Arcadia OT2 luminaire. It's supplied with 4 x 54w lamps but I used two, that equates to around 1wpg.

All the best with your set-up. I can recommend the low-maintenance route, especially with crypts. Wonderful plants.

3595316227_b4dc3f5063_o.jpg

That is stunning George, I am just preparing a 260l tank to do something similar. Currently fishless cycling. I intend to use CO² just to automate and avoid adding Easycarbo. I see you have planted the area with gravel and no ADA - according to the PFK step by step?

Mark Webb said:
That is stunning George, I am just preparing a 260l tank to do something similar. Currently fishless cycling. I intend to use CO² just to automate and avoid adding Easycarbo. I see you have planted the area with gravel and no ADA - according to the PFK step by step?
Thanks, Mark.

I did plant the open gravel area, as the contrast between that and the dense planting looked very unnatural.

All the best with your 260 litre!

Back