• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

125L Iwagumi. "New beginning"

Enjoyed the thorough meticulous planning and great photoshop skills !

I agree with Aquamaniac, having basically two focal points almost competing with each other on either side of the tank perhaps confuses things a bit, is there anyway you can combine both the tree and rock/cave outcrop together... ?

The Cave outcrop looks great and very natural, so you might have to consider getting your chain saw out.

As for the moss, did you see my ID post earlier today, just wondered how these mosses compared to yours ?

Thank you!
I do believe it might be confusing once the tree will be in, but I will
try my best to set it right.. I will consider your advice. Once I will
come up with tree I will probably post some pictures with different
positions of the tree fitted in. It might be quite hard to tell only of my
photoshop pic as it looks more flat as it should be.I like the cave
myself so I will defo work with tree of it. I'll take a look on your
thread about moss ID.
Thanks for following

Nice preparations! Looking forward to see the progress of this tank....

Maybe a useful tip; don't place the rocks to close to the window as this is very annoying during (plant) maintenance.

Do you already have your tree and does it fit like your sketches?

Cheers mate!
When rocks came in first - 2of them were sitting flat to glass :)
fixed this issue in next two updates. I hope it will have enough
space now. Anyway as I have only 125L setup I'm quite limited
on the space *according to the sizes of rock

I'm still looking for a good examples of tree itself anf branches to form it. didn't come up with anything useful yet. I hope some new stock will arrive in couple of weeks to few of LFS shops

advice on filtration needed..please!

at the present I have 2 filters.. both eheim 2213.. they can deliver each by the specifications
440L/h As I understand with media and stuff.. it may reduce the actual out flow by 30-50%..
So my question is.. will it be OK to stick with these bot or maybe it is worth to upgrade?

it is 125L (81x36x50cm) tank what I have

Fluval 306 1150 L per hour
v
hagen_fluval_306_external_filter_external.jpg

any suggestions? anyone has it or did hear something good?
as the amazon reviews are good enough to buy it and
zooplus.de sells it for 85 euro + 15 euro delivery.. good price I think

Have you considered the eheim 2217, I have several of them in bigger tanks and very happy with them, also economical power wise ?

it's a bit pricey for me. If I'm selling my 2 2213'ns I can add only few quit to get this fluval

just my concern is.. how good this one does the job..?

I like the fact it is only 15w on power consumption.
As my 2 eheims are using 16w in total for 880l/h

Can say anything about the 306.but I got a 305 running for 2 years with no problems.
And I use it on a 240 liter tank.
They are expensive but that's what you pay for quality.
That said I have a eheim 2215 that beats my fluval for flow. So the 2217 suggested might not be a bad choice to look at.
Those old eheims a very reliable a efficient even today, reason why eheim keeps selling them after so long.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk now Free

Another solution which might suit you would be to buy 2 eheim 2215 replacement motors and keep you cylinders etc this way you could upgrade both filters for aroun £80,

Another solution which might suit you would be to buy 2 eheim 2215 replacement motors and keep you cylinders etc this way you could upgrade both filters for aroun £80,

2215 motors working on 2213 cilinders? Does that work? I have both of them and the 2215 is much bigger. Besides it's not just about flow, how about media capacity?

I believe so yes I came across it on another forum in a post about modifying eheim, when I get home ill see if the bookmark is on my laptop :)

They are expensive but that's what you pay for quality.
That said I have a eheim 2215 that beats my fluval for flow. So the 2217 suggested might not be a bad choice to look at.
I might be chopped in pieces after buying filter for this money :nailbiting:
this sounds interesting. so I would easily upgrade one after other
other heads with out getting my head axed by my wife :joyful:
Can say anything about the 306.but I got a 305 running for 2 years with no problems.
And I use it on a 240 liter tank.
so this might be a way to go (maybe), as 306 should not be bad at all

hmm.. after looking a the canister dimensions I don't think the eheim 2213 will be able to fit with 2215 head.
as - eheim 2213 - 160mm x 335mm and 225 - 185mm x 370mm

ohh..
arrived today! I'm happy as a little kid.. this means
no more waste of sugar, no more worries if I have
any yeast left in fridge, no more weekly mixture
changes and unstable Ph. NO MORE!!! whatta blessing :D
I just need now to find a 2nd hand tank for CO2.
051BA836D0364A3C937DB5D6CEB506DA-0000327410-0003391036-00500L-4F3EB05D89D64FA098088A9BB7BBB81D.jpg

this feels very solid build. hopefully it will last and do its job

It looks really good. Instead of buying the tank why not rent it?
I pay 2.40 £ for rental a month for mine.
But when my gas runs out I just call them and the next day they deliver to my door a full replacement bottle. I just have to pay the gas. Last time the guy even assembled the tank himself.

ohh..

I just need now to find a 2nd hand tank for CO2.

just contact your local fire hydrant supply and service center, they are bound to have second hand one and should be able to fit the correct valve for your new reg and then supply the CO2. .

It looks really good. Instead of buying the tank why not rent it?
I pay 2.40 £ for rental a month for mine.
But when my gas runs out I just call them and the next day they deliver to my door a full replacement bottle. I just have to pay the gas. Last time the guy even assembled the tank himself.

it sounds handy. I dunno if I have an option like, never heard of someone here renting a tank for aquarium purposes. Might be easier for me just to grab one

just contact your local fire hydrant supply and service center, they are bound to have second hand one and should be able to fit the correct valve for your new reg and then supply the CO2. .

this sounds good. I'll do a bit of research of what is available in my area. Thanks

it sounds handy. I dunno if I have an option like, never heard of someone here renting a tank for aquarium purposes. Might be easier for me just to grab one

Look for companies that supply co2 for pubs and bars. I rented mine from londonbeergas.
Here in the uk renting is an alternative.
Dunno if it is where you live though.
I'll be honest I did buy a bottle.My system came complete with the bottle. I still have it. Problem is I got it from germany, the system was much cheaper there.
Everything fine untill it was time to refill.
Everywhere they refused to do it. Due to health and safe they can't refill foreign bottles. Sounded like blahblahblahblahblahblahblahs to me.
I looked at the fire extinguishers, but renting seemed the obvious choice.
Only need a phone call and refill delivered.

This is it.. this might be a last post fro me before my wife will come back from shoppin
I did a smart move - I gave her about the same amount money to spend what I left in
my LFS today.. lol.. maybe I'm naive but maybe it will help when she will see this..

Ok. So decided for JBL Cristalprofi 1501. 20w on 1400L. So for now on I can
stop moaning about the water filtration in my project :rolleyes:
BA2006765D8C41EDACB77A4E9FF2F01D-0000327410-0003393120-00500L-66D44934DA2B4801AB0FE7A1FB2E1FAD.jpg

..In a fact I needed a new heater and I was excited about inline external, decided to try one..
55C88EEEE1BB428DA4CED48F78D791CC-0000327410-0003393119-00500L-CF4589238B5943D0821A292272185278.jpg

and while I was on shopping spree I did manage to get a 2.3kg's CO2 tank for myself..
83B182BF199A497FB05709AE96F2EF63-0000327410-0003393121-00500L-9B3FB9DFF36E4CD9B8394BD652AB482D.jpg

now I need to manage to fit this in 125rio original cabinet.. few adjustments to be done..
will update later on today

Back