• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

125l - 'on the edge'

chump54

I'm liking the up co2 atomiser.

4141912786_da48ed9065_b.jpg

4141138747_7cb0577a99.jpg

4141902604_fdf441a6a0.jpg

4141151169_8c76401302.jpg

I would like to say thanks to everyone for the advice I've been given or picked up from everyone here, I feel like I'm growing plants rather than struggling/hoping they grow.

it's all about the co2 :wideyed: :rolleyes: :crazy: :D

thanks everyone :thumbup:

Chris

andyh

Got any pics of your up co2 atomiser ? I have just ordered one myself.
So your happy with it?

chump54

yeah very happy, the only down side is the amount of mist reaching the tank. but I have got a very yellow DC so might back it off a bit once I've got over my pearling obsession.
on the plus side the mist gives you a good idea on the flow patterns. it's a very fine mist the bubbles are so small they don't reach the surface. I have a much lower bubble rate as a result. I do have the working pressure set quite high to get the bubbles to come through, about 1.6 bar. I had a trouble getting a stable rate to start with but I reconnected all the lines to the solenoid, bubble counter and the atomiser and it has been fine for a couple of weeks.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

don't look at the dirty pipes... i'll do them next water change (honestly) :shh:

andyh

chump54 said:
yeah very happy, the only down side is the amount of mist reaching the tank. but I have got a very yellow DC so might back it off a bit once I've got over my pearling obsession.
on the plus side the mist gives you a good idea on the flow patterns. it's a very fine mist the bubbles are so small they don't reach the surface. I have a much lower bubble rate as a result. I do have the working pressure set quite high to get the bubbles to come through, about 1.6 bar. I had a trouble getting a stable rate to start with but I reconnected all the lines to the solenoid, bubble counter and the atomiser and it has been fine for a couple of weeks.

don't look at the dirty pipes... i'll do them next water change (honestly) :shh:

I like the sound of this mist, i think it will distribute the CO2 more successfully in my tank and help get it to the lower levels.

I have heard you actually use less CO2 as its more efficient. (that sounds good!)

Didn't see any dirty pipes! :shh:

Thanks.
Andyh

chump54

cheers Mark,

I'm thinking about trimming the E tenellus back, but I'm switching to 100% tap water which is really hard, 28gh and I think (from what I've read) that Etenellus prefers soft - medium water so I don't want to make it more stressful for the plants than it is already going to be. so maybe I'll try a small section to see how it goes.

Chris

CeeJay

Chris

This is a lovely scape.
Just for your info. I grew E. tenellus in hard tap water in my last set up and didn't have any problems.
I don't know if the change over will cause you any problems though.

Chris

CeeJay

Hi Chris
Sorry for the delay in replying, I missed this one :oops:
chump54 said:
thanks Chris, thats good to know, do you know how hard it was?
Sorry, I couldn't test my water hardness :oops:. Test kits were consigned to the dustbin about 9 months ago :lol:
I'm in the Thames water region and just downloaded their water quality report.
The Hardness readings were as follows:
mgl CaC03 286
Degrees Clarke 20
Degrees German (DH) 16
Degrees French 28.6

Hope that's of use.

All I know is my plants love it :lol: .
I'm still loving this tank by the way :thumbup:.

Chris

Kevina

Atomiser looks interesting, any chance of explaining how it all fits together?
Regards Kev.

chump54

hydrophyte said:
THis is a beautiful setup. Has it been low-maintenance?
Thanks,
and, yes quite low. the blyxa is the highest maintenance but thats not too bad really. I thought the ET and acicularis would be an issue but so far they are ok.

I'm trying to come up with a solution to the right hand side, I'm not happy with the blyxa. I'm also thinking about a long leaved plant possibly a vallis or juncus repens for the back. anyone have any thoughts?

Chris