• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

125L - The Re-Scape

What’s is the skim and where have you placed it?
Ehiem skim 350, it's not in the best place at the moment, I have it opposite the filter outflow but slightly further down the tank depth wise so it's not fighting it. I can't move it to next to the outflow yet as the lead isn't long enough, so will have to work something out tomorrow.

Ehiem skim 350, it's not in the best place at the moment, I have it opposite the filter outflow but slightly further down the tank depth wise so it's not fighting it. I can't move it to next to the outflow yet as the lead isn't long enough, so will have to work something out tomorrow.
20191031_203455.jpg

Cool.

Makes sure it’s not blasting the stems.

Look at changing to a a full glassware set - skim and lily outflow set, the outflow should give you a nice surface ripple.
They’ll look nice also :)

Ps. Just seen your picture.

If you can move it to left hand back corner pointing towards the inlet. Much less stem damage!

But yes, long term glass ware will be better!
Then it's fighting against the outlet/inlet and the co2 isn't dispersed as well? Unless that doesn't really matter?

Yeah definitely thought about it a lot, I'd need the conversation too, I just I haven't really got the money atm

Should still be good.

Whatever, you should be aiming for circular flow.

Leaving the skim there will kill your stems with that much direct flow blasting at them.

Should still be good.

Whatever, you should be aiming for circular flow.

Leaving the skim there will kill your stems with that much direct flow blasting at them.
Oh, I realise what you mean now, yes good idea.

Quick update, skimmer is working well, surface looks great. The carpet is annoying me, I think it's dying as it's uprooting every second. Anyone think it's worth holding on or just get rid of it?
20191102_162139.jpg

The carpet is annoying me, I think it's dying as it's uprooting every second. Anyone think it's worth holding on or just get rid of it?
Just trim is back completely leaving just half a cm and let it grow back!

Can anyone tell me what this is ? Attached. It seems to be on a couple other plants. Originally thought it was just that specific plant dying and I don't have the right conditions for it, I was planning on getting rid of it, however now I'm seeing it on my rotala green, although not as bad, any ideas?
20191105_172851.jpg

Quick update

Mini hair grass was dying so I was going to take it all out, last minute however I decided to cut some very short and plant a small patch very densely, with no hopes of it working.

Everything else looking great.

Want to add some mosquito rasboras but I can't find anywhere that sells them!
20191118_213139.jpg
20191118_213125.jpg
20191119_221556.jpg
20191119_184144.jpg

So question - I've just checked and my water in the tank is at 496ppm. Does this maybe explain issues of growing some of the plants? Is there a way to remedy this, or do I need to just get RO water?

I've heard 120ppm is the best.

So question - I've just checked and my water in the tank is at 496ppm. Does this maybe explain issues of growing some of the plants? Is there a way to remedy this, or do I need to just get RO water?

I've heard 120ppm is the best.
This is with a TDS meter I forgot to mention

Just found this journal and just want to say you have a very beautiful tank. I've not long started my first 120l tank and hope it turns out just as nice as this.
Very well done to you

Just found this journal and just want to say you have a very beautiful tank. I've not long started my first 120l tank and hope it turns out just as nice as this.
Very well done to you
Thanks Anthony. It's gone down hill since my last photo but I appreciate the comment!

Thanks Anthony. It's gone down hill since my last photo but I appreciate the comment!

Oh that is a shame and I'm sorry to hear that.
I've only had my tank for a little over two months and have loved it and hated it.
I hope you manage to turn things around and get to see some updates soon.
May I please ask you a question.
You was dosing TNC complete daily and injecting Co2 but at what amount was you adding. I have a 120l tank and also use TNC complete but I'm not sure how much I should be adding daily.

Oh that is a shame and I'm sorry to hear that.
I've only had my tank for a little over two months and have loved it and hated it.
I hope you manage to turn things around and get to see some updates soon.
May I please ask you a question.
You was dosing TNC complete daily and injecting Co2 but at what amount was you adding. I have a 120l tank and also use TNC complete but I'm not sure how much I should be adding daily.
Thank you. I was adding around 5ml a day of the TNC complete, however I have been on the tropical fertiliser for now. The TNC complete worked well for me though! I'm no expert however!

Thank you. I was adding around 5ml a day of the TNC complete, however I have been on the tropical fertiliser for now. The TNC complete worked well for me though! I'm no expert I appreciate that and any info on what worked for others with a similar size tank is better info then non at all

Back