• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
so you had quick growth in previous setups without any co2 alastair?

Yes mate very surprising I know. The carpet plant in my current set up took off like it was on massive co2 addiction its slowed down now.
Also look at toms bucket of mud that shows just how vibrant and lush low techs can get. Tom's Bucket O' Mud - new vid page 28 | Page 27 | UK Aquatic Plant Society

Now you need to breed those Licorice :D after that I'm crowning you "Gourami King". Typing this and thinking about the possibilities is making me even more hyper to see this up coming tank.

Id love them to breed I really would. That would be phenomenal. They have shown beautiful breeding behaviour recently with males flashing off to females with almost purple like fins so hoping conditions will be good for those too.

I demand photos of the piece of wood!
Ill take some photos on saturday of it Tom. Just need that illusive piece to go with it..

You should start charging the public to come into your house and look at the tank. You could sell chocolate gourami related merchandise!:woot:

Im too soft id not charge mate but my obsession with these fish has had me wanting canvas paintings of them.
Check this guy's painting out its amazing... shame he lives in the states

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Im too soft id not charge mate but my obsession with these fish has had me wanting canvas paintings of them. Check this guy's painting out its amazing... shame he lives in the states
Haha, you'll just have to settle for selling off 3 tonnes of plant clippings every week...;) That canvas looks really great, you should try your own!

Haha, you'll just have to settle for selling off 3 tonnes of plant clippings every week...;) That canvas looks really great, you should try your own!

Lol theyll probably be that many that goes in on intial planting. The weight alone is a few tonnes

Just gonna add to the abundance of wows. Wow sounds amazing! Good luck with those water changes

that's not a fish tank...that's a kiddy pool...
I wonder how you are going to do your water changes....:cyclops:
Literally will be a kiddie pool when its test filled as little one is going paddling in it :)

Water changes will be really simple, just a length of hose pipe sucked on to cause a syphon into the garden then either top back up with buckets as two ten percents is only ten full buckets a time as my buckets 15 litres. Keeps me fit and stops the tds rising too much through treating a full tank volume with prime if I filled back up from the hose so happier fish and shrimp.

Just gonna add to the abundance of wows. Wow sounds amazing! Good luck with those water changes

cheers tom. I enjoy them. If it was high tech id not be enjoying them. 700 litres a time. No ta

Really looking forward to this mate :)I like your take on water changes.....
top back up with buckets as two ten percents is only ten full buckets a time as my buckets 15 litres. Keeps me fit and stops the tds rising too much through treating a full tank volume with prime if I filled back up from the hose so happier fish and shrimp.
......only 10 buckets!! I'd definitely be using the hose and splashing a little on prime :)

Cheerio
Ady

Really looking forward to this mate :)I like your take on water changes.....

......only 10 buckets!! I'd definitely be using the hose and splashing a little on prime :)

Cheerio
Ady

Thanks mate. 5 buckets filling only takes me just over ten minutes so 20 or 30 tops ;)

Back