• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Hi Al,
How are you doing mate ?
Hope to see your tank set up man ! It is becoming too long to wait haha.

I was to my parents house Sunday and I found a nice huge piece of wood there. I don't know why but it made me think of you haha. So I took some pic.
yjame4y5.jpg

5ememynu.jpg

y3asemy8.jpg

I think I will use it in my next scape. I will cut the base like that I will have different roots for scraping.

Cheers

Hi Al, How are you doing mate ? Hope to see your tank set up man ! It is becoming too long to wait haha. I was to my parents house Sunday and I found a nice huge piece of wood there. I don't know why but it made me think of you haha. So I took some pic.
Hiya mate, im not too bad thanks. im hoping so too. slight set back as somethings come up but ill be scaping, planting, panelling, acrylic tube bending and filling next Friday Saturday and sunday.
nice to know when you a see a big tall erect wood you think of mpoi ha ha ha . nice pice though, i couldnt chop any off that.
Man i can't wait to see how you will fare with that tank depth. I'm always struggeling to get it the way i want it to be. (and i put myself in trouble only using South American plants).

i think im lucky in that the wood helps split the tank up a bit. ive got a lots of plants going in so should help a bit. Why dont you add some non sout american plants to the tank, be differnet....go on ;)

My current tank is with the same idea as yours but much smaller!
I have a 130 litre extremely soft water tank (GH 2, kH 1) for breeding my '10 strong' group of Nannostomus mortenthaleri. I too am trying to get maximum filter flow through with absolutely minimum tank water movement...

I also have a nice little group of Sphaerichthys vaillanti on the way!

Will be following this thread. My breeding thread will be available for viewing within the next couple of months hopefully!

Good luck Alistair! Looking forward to some updates :)

(Feel honoured to have a part of your old tank now in mine! ;) lol)

Wow long night ahead or you gonna sleep on the placement and start tomorrow?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Agape and agog, hurrah!

All the best from Bill. :D
P.S. May have been overdoing the P.G.Woodhouse books of late.

Ha ha.... its no stress free job setting up an aquarium that big... sometimes it just feels like work, but it will be worth it. Have fun! ;)

Totally agree Sanj. Massively stressful but very worthwhile.
Ps you were right on tank volume id put the wrong dimension down ha ha

Wow long night ahead or you gonna sleep on the placement and start tomorrow?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Hi ali. Placement of the hardscape has changed slightly since that photo and petrified wood has been added. But very happy with how we've got it looking. Arondip is getting stuck in with me as he was collecting his tank plus cutting up and fixing the panels.
Planting day today cant wait. One let down is my light arms havent been done so not happy at all.

A lot to read here, and it's very impressive, but has anyone pointed out that you won't be able to close the door to the room.

Sorry to break it to you if not. ;)

Thanks glad you like it. The door to the room can close hs ha

Agape and agog, hurrah!

All the best from Bill. :D
P.S. May have been overdoing the P.G.Woodhouse books of late.

Ha ha thanks bill. Hope your ok mate.

Will upload some photos of the setting up and get a full tank shot of hardscape once ive placed lighting over the tank as you cant see it properly with out.

Acrylic outlet and inlet for the fx6 too :)

Back