• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Well ive collected my paros an hour ago and there in the bags being slowly acclimatised. No idea what species these ones are just yet but it appears to be more than one.
Also one of them has very black fins which ive never seen.

Here they are waiting for release and soon to join the existing group
. Should colour up after a few days and hopefully id them.
mu4e9yvy.jpg

Attachments

• mu4e9yvy.jpg
    mu4e9yvy.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
It's just crazy to talk about adding hundreds of fish at a time! This tank is massive :)

I just love this tank, I have watched your vid quite a few times, very relaxing and lovely fish :)

Attachments

• 12819318404_4d5fd2d6cd_b.jpg
    12819318404_4d5fd2d6cd_b.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 12819324014_ce2357554c_b.jpg
    12819324014_ce2357554c_b.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 12819330074_ee4de4b996_b.jpg
    12819330074_ee4de4b996_b.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Gotta say this tank is making me rethink amazon biotopeso_O Together with Big Tom's tank South east asia is becoming an option. Would be a real job on the current tank, but maybe the next one i am planning could be a black water creek

More happy campers with acres of tank to explore. They'll get tired before they get bored...

Nice new avatar btw. Saw it on deviantart

This is so cool. Al, this looks like something you would see at a Sealife Centre or one of the great zoo aquariums . . . Either that or like one of those Bond Villain lairs from the seventies. You could feed your enemies to the fish and save yourself a fortune in Aquarian . . .
All the best from Bill. :D

How are the new Liquorice's coming on ? Suppose the project should now be called 1300litre Sweet shop - Chocolate & Liquorice !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They look stunning mate and look very much at home already :thumbup:
Certainly do mate. Theyve settled in well. Only lost one but he or she did look a little weak when in the bag. Still impossible to id as so young but some are showing little tinges of blue and one male has very dark almost black fins.
More happy campers with acres of tank to explore. They'll get tired before they get bored...

Nice new avatar btw. Saw it on deviantart
Cheers james. Once the new lighting is on I think it will look great. Hopefully get that sorted in next week or two.
This is so cool. Al, this looks like something you would see at a Sealife Centre or one of the great zoo aquariums . . . Either that or like one of those Bond Villain lairs from the seventies. You could feed your enemies to the fish and save yourself a fortune in Aquarian . . .
All the best from Bill. :D

Ha ha hey Bill hope your ok mate? ?
Yeah I think my phone camera compacts the image so it looks way smaller than it is. Im hoping my camera shots will show its real size. Ive stunned a few people with it when theyve walked in the dining room.

Jealous much?? Yup, sat here wimpering with envy!! You're a lucky fella...
:p
How are the new Liquorice's coming on ? Suppose the project should now be called 1300litre Sweet shop - Chocolate & Liquorice !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not a bad title that Richard. Theres over 50 licorice in now and soon to be 130 in total chocolates so....
Theyre doing great though. Really settling in and making homes amongst the plants and clay tunnels ive buried in the substrate.
Still have a pair who are chasing away anything that comes near theirs so not sure if theyve got young in their but its at an angle which makes it impossible to see in to :/

I think we need a scale shot....maybe you stood infront of it :)

Yeah tank sized selfie ftw!!! :snaphappy:

That's longer than the fish

I think you keep the coolest looking freshwater fish. It even made me reconsider rainbows at one time, but the practicality is virtually non existant... I dont have the right water type being moderately hard, RO and large water changes are prohibitive on anything above a few hundred litres.

Reactions: tim
Will reply to everyones posts shortly but had to say that with huge sadness, this morning ive found the pregnant female dead floating on the surface. Absolutely gutted. I hadn't seen much of her over the last day or two but usually you dont.

Here she is with mouth still full
ydy4ehat.jpg

I feel terrible doing this but going to see if I can take out the eggs/fry from her mouth and put in a seperate tank but my hopes on them surviving or being alive are very very slim. Im gutted :(

Last edited:
Back