• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape 145 Litre root on rocks

Doozer999

Hi all....long time lurker... always and forever inspired by "what you do"...

I am open to any critique of my 145 litre (80cm long) freshwater hardscape....

Thank you!
RootonRocks.jpeg

I like it but i'm missing branches in the top left. Other than that I think you did a good job with the roots coming down over the rocks, looks pretty natural. I would also consider using pliers or something to make the end of the lower branch on the left side less flat.

fafasfasdasfijodazcv.jpg

thank you @sflaqua34 that is really useful feedback. Good idea about the pliers!

I have a couple extra bits of wood in my "holding" tank, but fear they are not the same type of root. I may have to consider what to do. That "left side" was going to be full of plants of course (not sure what yet though)! But thank you!

Main thing w/ mixing wood is making sure the shape matches, the color is not a huge deal as they will all be the same over time. I think you should plant more densely on the right and leave the left more open in a traditional triangle style layout, sort of like this
1646937189152.png

Back