• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

180L My Low Tech bedroom scenery

Piece-of-fish

Here is another one which was quite interesting to do. This scape was done 'upside down'. First came the plants and only at the end the hardscape.
It was first grown as high tech. Later when i took all the stems out for another project i have abandoned it, stopped ferts and co2 and reduced lighting to 2x39T5. Had BBA and GDA which since conversion started to decline and now is almost gone. I am moving houses in few months so there was no point to start something new. All plants were Ferns and Anubias tied to stones so could be moved easily. There is no slope as the substrate is the same plain gravel with some laterite in it which i put in there 1,5 years ago when i just started with the planted tanks.

So

Cleaned the glass, rearranged javas and anubias, added some seiryu stone and few sticks from local mountains and bum i had a nice low maintenance scape which i am very happy with. I shall see how it goes. Its now about 2 months since i stopped CO2 and 1 week since rearrangement.

Data:
Tank 100x40x45
Substrate Gravel and laterite (will add some osmocote tabs)
Filtration Eheim 2224 700lph plus Koralia 1
Lighting 2x39w T5
No CO2 no Liquid Carbon
Ferts once a week i add a dose what i used to add once a day when it was high tech. All in one DIY solution from dry powders

Plants:
Pelia
Mosses: 2 or 3 types (willow java and christmas if not mistaken)
Cryptocorynes dont remember names as bought long time ago (3 species)
Balansae and 2 others. One was sold as wendtii i reckon but is way bigger
Marsilea Crenata
Echinodorus tenellus
Java fern
Java needle
Java narrow i believe but not sure (bought the staff in lfs as normal java but leaves were narrow but very tall)
Anubias Nana, Petite and one more
Eleocharis Acicularis
Amazon Frogbit

Fauna:
Cardinals about 8
Harlequins about 20
Cherry and amano shrimps (about 10 amanos)
Otocinculus about 10

I mostly worry about tenellus and marsilea. Interesting to see how they do without co2 but i think they have a chance with 2wpg T5 lighting.

IMG_8934.jpg

Thanks Dan. I shall see about the light. Its only 1 week since i removed some floating plants which were dimming the bottom a bit. If its too much i have an option to use original 2x30w T8 with maybe couple hours T5 in the midday.

Looks lovely.

FWIW I run 3 x 24w over 160l for 10hours a day low tech with no algae issues. (no floating plants, and a little sunlight hits the tank too).

Thanks Matt and Neil. After chasing high tech tanks i am so happy i can just seat and relax with this one ;) Yep, moving again soon. We shouldnt have moved in the first place :rolleyes:

Back