• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

180ltr Rescape

Superman

Here's a drawing of something I'm walking towards, I'm keeping the substrate as my zambezi gravel with a tropica substrate base (which is about a year old).

It's a mound style scape with java fern feature flanked by green and brown/red crypts and balanase, all around some nice wood.
The large areas of substrate will be covered with Echinodorus tenellus, with the transition to the taller crpyts by florets of c parva.

There will also be rocks around the wood and might move in the future to add some moss to the wood. All depends on what wood I get too!

I'm trying not to make it too symmetrical but with me doing a mound scape in a bowfront I don't really have too much of an option to do it! Taller crypts will be on the right hand side.

I would welcome any comments and or suggestions.

Scape01.jpg

Re: Superman's 180l Rescape

I'm a big fan of Cryptocoryne so looking forward to this!

Re: Superman's 180l Rescape

So this is my first attempt at scaping with wood, need any critique.

This is only the wood setup, I should be able to sort the stones out myself but the wood is the main bit.

I understand the whole process of setting up stones but wood (?!) what should be done?!

First attempt...
Is it just me or is it too X shaped?

20090428004.jpg

Re: Rescape - NEED HELP WITH WOOD POSITIONING

IMVHO you're right; too symmetrical on those two front pieces. Think the back pices could look great, just move the front one. (But this is hardly my area of expertise here either!!!)

All of your wood pieces looks very straight.

Could do with some curved pieces in thier to make it look more natural.

Mark

I agree with Ed and Mark here Clark.

How deep are you doing with substrate though? If you go to the top of the stones and really hide the cross over, it could look nice. You could always cut the wood too...

I have some curved pieces and those are curved, it's just the way the photo is makes them look straight.
I've just had a quick play during half time of the football and am uploading a photo at the minute.
The substrate is about 2-3 inches so the lower parts will be covered.

Its just difficult to create something that is not symmetrical but suitable for a mound type scape.

now Clark,you know the drawing that you did?....well, that's spot on!

so just try and emulate that. your hardscape don't match your initial idea. just because you've got all that wood doesn't mean you have to use it ;)

I like that last one too, where is the wood from?

Thanks Mark, I'll try and get to that.
I'm taking inspiration from your Pastel Shades tank.

This should fit into my tank... but not liking it as much as the last.
20090428005.jpg

I don't think it helps that wood outside of the tank looks awful!

Thomas the wood is the Borneowild Wood from AE.

Back