• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

1mm Diameter White Moving Things in Tank?

Jimbo1981

Seedling
Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right category for this, but couldn't see anything else suitable. Basically, i have noticed today that i have some (1mm in size) white moving bug things in my tank. They seem to be walking around / on the driftwood, they're so small i don't think i'll be able to capture them on camera.

Any idea what they are and is there any fish that would be likely to eat them?

Thanks

Check for ostracods in Google, see if they look the same

Enviado do meu HUAWEI GRA-L09 através de Tapatalk

Hi imak,

That certainly looks like them thanks, any ideas how to get rid of them? Any fish that would eat them? I currently only have Ottos and cherry shrimp in my tank. Was planning on adding Tetras only in a few months.

Almost any fish will eat them, apart from fish like ottos. Tetras will love them. Don't worry about getting rid of them. Normally they are a sign of good water quality.

Enviado do meu HUAWEI GRA-L09 através de Tapatalk

Phew, thanks. I thought my Assassin Snails may have a go at them, but they don't seem interested. If they don't do any harm then i'll leave them be. Thanks

Back