• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

1st iwagumi attempt....

KQxNu6R.jpg

the layout in post 8 worked for me :thumbup:
being picky it maybe needing a little more height but only a smidge, the latest one to me looks a little flat:( :( also, will the smaller rocks to the right will be lost when the carpet grows in?

I don't know anything about Iwagumi but think if you want to do one you should carefully watch the greenmachine videos as they are very interesting and informative. The last scape doesn't look balanced to me.

Yea I'm not happy with it still, i think the rocks i have are all very square apart from one! didn't know they had vids, il be sure to check them out tonite! Thanks idcgrooomer

Plants arrived today, lovely big pots that all look nice and healthy!
62yJOgr.jpg

Now to get these rocks in a position that I really like!!!

EwssE6c.jpg

Planted!!!
I'm fairly pleased with the end rock layout, I don't think it looks to bad! I'm such a indecisive person anyway so I don't think I would ever be 100% happy, so il settle for 80% ;)

Just hope everything doesn't end up melting now!!

Read a lot about everyone DSM's and haven't put to much water in!
Cling filmed the top and with aim to light spray every day!
10hour lights on.

Fingers crossed :)

Ha Andy you must be psychic, was taking pictures up upload as you wrote that!
mZnzcFF.jpg

2rOEdWN.jpg

So not much to report really, nearly 2 weeks now but have read it takes a few weeks for plants to get rooted!
No melting or fungus, still misting every day or two.
Have lowed the lights to sit on the rim of the tank so they are heating tank nicely, at lights on inside take is about 18'c and at lights out its about 24'c so slowing rises throughout the day.
Everything's still nice and green so I'm happy so far :)

Take photo next week and compare to first. I think you will start seeing growth this week. Then it will really start to take hold and you will see growth daily about a week later.
Have you found yourself looking for new growth?
Temperature is good, not too hot,not too cold this should keep mould at bay.
Looking good, well done

Hi,
Nice scape you have going , I'm starting a similar thing in about 3 weeks time, where did you get your plants from ??
Cheers

Yeah I do find myself looking throughout the evenings, I'm think there might be a little but it's probs in my head lol. But yea I'm hoping to see change come next week!

Was going to get plants from 1 2 grow but big clown tipped me off about this guy on eBay...

hemianthus micranthemoides (In vitro) live tropical plant,carpet plant | eBay

Highly recommended, came nice and healthy and lots of it! He sells other in vitro plants too.

How far does one pot go ??
My tank is 100x30x40 ,

Planing to just have HC Cuba , hair grass and staurogyne repens ,
The majority of the tank planted with HC ,
Then the HG and staur repens planted around the rocks .

How far does one pot go ??
My tank is 100x30x40 ,

Planing to just have HC Cuba , hair grass and staurogyne repens ,
The majority of the tank planted with HC ,
Then the HG and staur repens planted around the rocks .

I used 3 pots of HC and 1 pot of hair grass and that was plenty!
Did you build the LEDs your self?
Would love to build my own!

I may go for the same number of pots and a pot of staurogyne unless I can find someone on here :)
Yea built it my self :)
It's not completely finished, I'm including 10 more LEDs into the circuit but just waiting for a driver.
I didn't use Cree LEDs , I used bridgelux as I thought I was on a budget.
But they are the same as Crees on watts per lumen . But they just run a fraction hotter, but I have no problem with heat. It was very easy to make. You should make one.

gfA90ey.jpg

Did you go for the eleocharis parvula or the acicularis ??
The acicularis grows a little taller I think , I'm not sure which one to choose .
Cheers

Back