• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

1st journal, 2nd scape

cheers

:D

ha... :lol: thanks that looks great. It's funny I had been thinking about letting the e tennelus grow out/ take over on the left once I've had my HC fix. I'm sure I will now.

I need another tank! I have a great spot for it to go, long and narrow, could be beautiful... but no money. ..hmmmph

cheers

C

an update...

hc coming along nicely, BBA getting under control, I've had BGA in substrate below the surface, at the front which is on its way out after taping over the glass with black insulation tape. I think this is from the sun, which falls on the tank now it is much lower in the sky.

Roll on the summer!

3107909729_2d2ff51e81_b.jpg

I'm liking the colours in this shot, much closer to the real thing. (on my monitor anyway).

cheers

Chris

The photo is maybe a wee bit dark. I can't see the bare-brick wall behind the tank, which I miss.

The 'scape is looking good. Unique work.

thanks for the encouragement guys...

scottturnbull said:
I can't see the bare-brick wall behind the tank, which I miss.

made me laugh... i'm not sure about it myself :lol: I've been meaning to try some different colour backgrounds... might do a photoshop job on it later.

substrate is mixture of
ada AS
eco complete
jbl florapol
black(ish) gravel

with a base of tropica plant substrate

3172880981_7ddacfc146_b.jpg

slight re-jig... stems to grow back right, and repositioned wood.

since switching ferts from tpn+ to AE powders ferns are not as happy. I've removed all big, older leaves from one to see if the new growth is better.

added some red eye tetras.. they eat e tennelus and hc :rolleyes: but not excessively

3172953671_32f54fc41b.jpg
3173796070_f221850556.jpg

still struggling with BBA. stable co2, good flow(all pants are moving in flow), cleaned substrate and just cleaned filter and pipe work. I think the plants with most bba are the ones in some of the high flow areas. does this point to a particluar cause? I'm thinking more co2!

cheers
Chris

chump54 said:
good flow(all pants are moving in flow), cleaned substrate and just cleaned filter and pipe work

Eh? A planted fish tank is no place for your underwear! Get them out now!

Other than that, looking good. Interesting to see a composition going from right to left, the majority go the other way probably just subconsciously though.

Back